The center is the forefront of the applied agricultural scientific research for Al-Quds Open University which was established in Jericho governorate to develop the agricultural sector in the irrigated and rainy areas, and to participate also in solving the problems that the Palestinian farmer faces in order to improve his standard of living and increase his income.
Distinction in the scientific research in the agricultural sector in both horticulture and livestock in order to achieve sustainable agricultural development locally, regionally and internationally.
Stimulating scientific research in the agricultural fields and making a qualitative move in Palestine through setting an executive plan for the center in line with the university’s strategy for improving applied scientific research, This includes a national research program that fulfills the agricultural sector’s needs, and solves the problems and obstacles which face this sector for the benefit of the Palestinian community and the Palestinian farmer in order to enhance his existence and guarantee his rights and improve his income and standard of living.
- Applying the vision and the mission of the university in serving the Palestinian community on the political, social and economic dimensions in cooperation with the university’s faculties, especially the media faculty.
- Addressing the weaknesses in the applied agricultural scientific research in Palestine through the cooperation in research with the universities and the national research centers and activating networking among them, in order to exchange scientific knowledge and experiences for the benefit of the agricultural sector.
- Supporting agricultural research programs in cooperation with the Graduate Studies Faculty and internship programs for agriculture college students in order to improve and develop the graduates’ standards.
- Applying the vision and the mission of the university to serve the Palestinian community on the political, social and economic scales in cooperation with the university’s centers, departments, faculties and branches.
- Participating in dealing with the weakness in the applied agricultural scientific research in Palestine through developing the techniques of scientific cooperation and activating them among the universities and national research centers, and enhancing the networking among them in order to exchange scientific knowledge and experiences to serve the agricultural sector.
- Supporting the agricultural research programs in the university in cooperation with the faculty of agriculture and graduate studies through developing the training programs for the students of the faculty of agriculture in order to develop the graduates’ quality, and provide the graduate studies students with a scientific research incubator.
- Working on scientific research MOUs among national, regional and international universities to achieve continuous development in the applied scientific research.