The President of the University, in coordination with the Board of Trustees, manages the University’s academic, administrative and financial affairs in accordance with the bylaws of the University and the regulations and instructions issued pursuant thereto. The President also presides over the University Council and forms committees and bodies related to the University’s work in various sectors and fields. He represents the University in local and international bodies, and works with his Deputies and Assistants to conduct daily work, takes appropriate decisions, develops plans and supervises the work of the branches and departments to achieve the University's objectives, mission, and vision in a way that ensures continuous development and achieves excellence.
Fax: + 972 (0) 2 2964570
Tel: + 972 (0) 2 2964571
E-Mail: [email protected]
Address: P. O Box 57, Hebron – P.O Box 1804, Ramallah
Prof. Younes Murshed Younis Amr
Full Professor in Arabic Language & Eastern Languages.
Cell Phone: +970 59 9206302
E-Mail: [email protected]
Date & Place of Birth: Hebron – 1947
- PhD in Arabic and Semitic Languages (1979),
University of Alexandria, Egypt.
- Master’s Degree in Arabic and Semitic Languages (1974),
University of Alexandria, Egypt.
- B.A. in Arabic Language (1970),
Beirut Arab University, Lebanon.
- 2001 - Present: President of Al-Quds Open University.
- 1995 - 2001: Vice President for Administrative Affairs and a Co-founder of the University, AL-Quds Open University.
- 1990 - 2001: Director of Hebron Educational Center, Al-Quds Open University.
- 1997 - 1999: Dean of Student Affairs, Al Quds-Open University.
- 1985 - 1990: Dean of Scientific Research, Hebron University.
- 1977 - 1990: Deputy President, Hebron University.
- 1980 - 1985: Dean of the Faculty of Arts and Head of Arabic Language Department, Hebron University.
- 1977 - 1980: Assistant Prof. of Arabic and Hebrew, Hebron University.
- 1973 - 1977: Teacher and an Administrator at schools in Libya.
Local & Abroad Positions and Activities:
- Member of the Advisory Board of the Commission of Detainees and Ex-detainees Affairs.
- Member of the Palestinian National Council.
- Member of the Revolutionary Council of the Fatah movement.
- 2017 - Member of the Board of Trustees of the Historical Dictionary of Arabic Language in the Arab World.
- 2017 - 2022: A member in the Europe Business Assembly.
- 2015 - Present: Member of the Executive Council of the Association of Arab Universities.
- 2015 – Present: Member of the Board of Trustees of Palestinians Doctors and Pharmacists Union in Germany.
- Since establishment – Present: Member of the Board of Trustees of Al-Istiqlal University for Security Sciences.
- 2001 - Present: Member of the Palestinian Council of Higher Education.
- 1986 - Present: Member of the Board of Trustees of Al-leqaa Center for Religious and Heritage Studies in Bethlehem.
- 1986 - Present: Member and a Co-founder of the Board of the Palestinian Arabic Language Academy in Jerusalem.
- 1995 - 1999: President of the Palestinian Arabic Language Academy in Jerusalem.
- 1994 - 1996: First President of the Cultural Forum in Hebron.
- 1992 - 1996: Vice President of the General Union for Palestinian Writers.
- 1988 - 1992: Secretary General of the General Union for Palestinian Writers.
- Member of the Board of Trustees of Former Hippocrates Center for Hematology.
- Member of the Secretariat of the Arabic Academies Union in Cairo.
- Member of the Board of Trustees of the Palestinian Dream Foundation.
- Member of the Palestinian National Council for Mathematics (Rafaah).
- Member of general boards and administration of several public institutions in Palestine.
- Consultant in several editorial boards for editing journals and publications.
- Arabic Philology, Publications of Al-Quds Open University, Palestine, 2016.
- Ibn Gabiral: An Andalusi Jew and the impact of Arabic ideologies on his work. Dar Usama, Amman, Jordan, 2014.
- The Islamic and Israeli Dictums of Moses “peace be upon him”, Dar Al-Shayma’, 2012.
- Jerusalem, landmarks and identity, Al- Quds Open University, 2012.
- Lexicon of the Palestinian Uprising (Intifadah), Journal of the Palestinian Arabic Language Academy in Jerusalem, 2003.
- Anthology of Contemporary Hebrew Literature, Journal of the Palestinian Arabic Language Academy in Jerusalem, 2001.
- The Two Ottoman Turkish Inscriptions in the Karantina's building in Hebron (Verification, Translation and Commentary): Journal of Al-Quds Open University, 2001.
- Ibn Zuqa’a Diwan (collection of poems): Analysis and Study. Dar al-Mustaqbal Publications, Hebron, 2001
- Abu Ishaq al-Albiri: An Arab Muslim Poet, Journal of the Palestinian Arabic Language Academy in Jerusalem, 2001.
- Factors of Declension in Arabic, Dar al-Mustaqbal Publications, Hebron, 2001.
- Labels of Hebron in Languages and History, Hebron's Old City Reconstruction Committee, 2000.
- The Sultan Pool in Hebron: A Civilization Monument, Huda al-Islam Magazine, Jerusalem, 1999.
- Hebron’s Ruins and their Role in Representing the Palestinian Identity. Ministry of Tourism and Antiquities, 1999.
- The Two Inscriptions of Fatima bint-L-Hasan bin Ali’s grave at Bani Neim: Ein Shams University Journal, Cairo, 1999.
- Bani Neim Stone Inscription, Journal of the Palestinian Arabic Language Academy in Jerusalem, 1999.
- Stone Inscriptions of Nuba Endowment (Waqf) of Al- Aqsa Mosque and the Dome of the Rock in Jerusalem (the international conference of Palestine on papyrus and inscriptions), Ein Shams University, Cairo, 1998.
- Hebron: The Cradle of Fathers and Forefathers, An-Najah National University, Nablus, 1997.
- Jerusalem in Islam, Islamic and Christian Palestinian Study:, Al-Liqa Center, 1996.
- Al-Aqsa Mosque Inscriptions Jerusalem: their Role in Architecture and Value in the Arab Civilization, Al-Liqa' Center, 1995.
- Al-Ibrahimi Mosque Inscriptions in Hebron, Dar Rawan, Jerusalem, Islamic Conference publications, 1990.
- Jerusalem: the City of God, Dar Al-Hakim Publications (first edition 1986), Nazareth, (second edition 1987), Hebron University, (third edition 2009), Dar Al- Shaima’.
- Research entitled "Jabal Rumeida", Rawan Publishing House, Jerusalem, 1987.
- Images of Arabs in Hebrew Children's Literature, Hebron University, 1987.
- Historical Figures in Palestine: Ibrahim bin Zuqa’a, Hebron University, 1986.
- Al-Dhimmah in Islam, Al- Liqa Center Magazine, 1986.
- Arabic Hebron – A city with a Rich History, (first edition 1985), Dar al- Qalam Publishing House, Ramallah, (Second edition 1980), Hebron University.
- Arabic Philology, Palestinian Publishing Agency, Jerusalem, 1985.
- Andalusian Literature, Hebron, 1983.
- Various contributions in Palestinian Literature & culture, especially in Short Stories.
- Participation in many scientific, cultural & literary conferences in Palestine & abroad.
- Several intellectual articles published in newspapers and journals.
Publications in English:
- The Sacrifice of Abraham in Islam: the Islamic Sacrifice of Abraham in the three monotheistic Religions, Jerusalem, 1995.
- Jerusalem the City of God, Al-Bireh, 2018.
- Won The International Socrates Award “Manager of The Year” in 2017, presented by the Europe Business Assembly.
- Won Top Academic Figure in the annual poll of Ma’an, 2009.
- Awarded a gold medal by Al Liqa Center for Religious and Heritage Studies in the Holy Land, Palestine, 1990.
- Won the Best Story in Palestine Award, 1988.
- Awarded several gold and bronze medals by various institutions in Palestine and abroad.
- Composed short stories & poetry, several of which are published.