This program aligns with the goals of the National Development Plan and contributes towards their implementation. The program works to raise the level of effectiveness of administrative competencies based on sound scientific planning that links inputs and outputs to results capable of developing the available resources, sets priorities in a better and more accurate way, rationalizes expenditures, manages the effectiveness of international assistance, and develops monitoring and evaluation systems to ensure better results in implementation.
To prepare students for work in the field of management and public policies through designing a plan and curricula based on encouraging and strengthening critical thinking, communication skills, and management of future trends of public policies, in accordance with best management practices and principles of governance.
- Developing highly qualified effective administrative cadres with distinct professional qualifications in the field of management and public policies capable of improving the quality of public social and civil services.
- Deepening scientific and professional foundations in the design and evaluation of public policies and managing their implementation in accordance with the principles of governance and academic professional integrity in all areas of public services.
- Providing students with the skill needed to develop and design descriptive, analytical and experimental scientific research in the field of management and public policies.
- Acquainting the students with the field of public administration as an applied field and academic science that will help them work in governmental and public sector institutions efficiently and effectively.
- Acquainting the students with the concept of public policies and the evolution of this science and its emergence within the field of public administration and the relationship of public policy science with other sciences.
- Acquainting the students with the basic concepts of public relations, their development, importance and role in crisis management, and acquainting the students with international relations in terms of communication and networking with international institutions.
- Developing the student's knowledge of public administration in Palestine in terms of the legal framework of public administration and government institutions in the Palestinian system, the relationship between the three authorities, and the formation of ministries and governmental bodies.
- Acquainting the students with the basic concepts of information systems and the impact and benefits of these systems on administrative work in public institutions, as an important element of planning, coordination and decision-making at institutions.
- Enhancing students' knowledge of policies that identify economic and social milestones in the Palestinian environment through the identification of public policy in economic and social fields and the involved actors.
Graduates of this program are capable of fulfilling many positions at different administrative levels in the following bodies:
- Ministries and all governmental institutions.
- Civil and charitable societies.
- Research and studies departments in governmental and private institutions.
- Educational, health, social and security services departments in central institutions and centers.
- Local and municipal bodies.
- Human resources departments in governmental and non-governmental institutions and bodies.
- Public policy advisors.