Under the Auspices of
The University of Jordan and Al-Quds Open University Organize The Joint Tenth Conference
Towards a Competitive Economy and Distinguished Performance In light of the 21st Century Crisis and Challenges
August 2 - 4, 2022
Jordan - Amman
At The University of Jordan - The Faculty of Business
The 21st century witnessed increasing challenges and crisis, which required countries and institutions to face and address these challenges with utmost efficacy to achieve distinguished performance. States and institutions have to adopt competitiveness in utilising the knowledge, human, financial and technological resources to reach sustainability in economy, prosperity and luxury. It is well known that organisations and countries that succeeded in making better use of their diverse resources are capable of improving the performance of their economy and achieving a significant difference in the reality of human development and the infrastructure of the countries. The higher the difference, the more competitiveness will be made.
Promoting the competitiveness of a particular economy in a country requires seizing the available opportunities that will lead to effective competitiveness and facing the threats jeopardising the economy.
Competitiveness requires exerting efforts to improve and develop the administrative, economic, technical, cultural, social, political and legal fields. In addition to employing the best practices and the most effective policies and programs in the afore-mentioned fields.
The importance of achieving economic competitiveness among institutions in light of the 21st century developments entailing the economic and cultural globalisation, ICT revolution, trade and economic openness, led to intensifying the competitiveness among countries and organisations.
Management excellence is one of the core components that lead to the competitiveness of the organisations and countries. In the context of adopting management excellence notion in a practical way, organisations are capable of promoting their products in diverse markets and offering quality products that meet the needs of customers and clients. It is worth mentioning that organisations which provide quality products are capable of realising sustainability in the global markets. Since the traditional boundaries between countries are not hindering economy, thus, technology, quality and distinction became the real boundaries of the 21st century. Competitiveness can only be attained by breaking these boundaries and reaching global and international spaces.
- Demonstrating the importance of competitiveness among organizations and countries with a special focus on policies and strategies
- Asserting the role of management excellence as a core component to realize competitiveness.
- Stressing the role of distinguished performance (an essential output to management excellence) to reach the required level of competitiveness.
- Highlighting the major challenges and crisis that face countries and organization in a volatile environment of the 21st
- Studying and analyzing the reality of competitiveness in the Arab countries and organizations.
- Identifying the reality the management excellence in the Arab countries and organizations.
- Adopting the best practices in management excellence, achieving distinguished performance and competitiveness
First Theme: Competiveness and Competitive Economy
- Economic growth and competitiveness.
- Foreign investments and competitiveness.
- Market size, exports, trade openness, productivity and its impact on competitiveness.
- The country’s efficacy in utilizing resources and their impact on competitiveness.
- Competitiveness and global trade empowerment.
- Economic models and competitiveness.
- Adopting economic models in businesses.
- Competitive merits and potentials.
- Economic stability and its role in realizing competitiveness.
- The impact of fiscal and monetary policies on competitiveness.
- The role of financial markets in achieving competitiveness.
- Effectiveness of product markets (goods/services) and their role in achieving competitiveness.
- The sound and effective financial sector and its impact on the competitive economy.
- The role of corporate governance in enhancing competitiveness.
- The role of organizations in achieving competitiveness.
- The role of infrastructure in enhancing competitiveness
- The role of business environment factors in achieving competitiveness (economic, political, legal, technological, social, cultural, natural and institutional environment).
- The health conditions and their impact on the quality of human resources and competitiveness.
- The ICT evolution and information’s role in competitiveness.
- Entrepreneurship, development, their indicators and impact on the competitive economy.
- Experiences and expertize of leading countries in global competitiveness: Lessons learned.
- Arab countries and their status on the global competitiveness index: Reality and Prospects.
- Achieving competitiveness through indicators of prosperity (economic quality, business environment, governance, social capital, health, safety, security, education, personal freedom ...).
- The role of human capital, education and training in levering the competitiveness of countries and economy.
- The reality of gender equity and its impact on competitiveness.
- The effectiveness and competence of industrial policies and their impact on countries competitiveness and economy.
- The role of business clusters/ industrial clusters in achieving competitiveness.
- Managing competitiveness in public and private organizations.
- The quality of leadership and its impact on the competitiveness of organizations and the economy.
- The role of corporate strategies in achieving competitiveness.
- The role of jobs in achieving competitiveness such as Management of traditional and electronic marketing, human resources management, financial and accounting management, production and operations, supply chain management, and research and development jobs.
- Administrative and organizational behavior within a supportive system of competitiveness.
- Management, e-services and post-sale services, and their impact on the economy and organizations competitiveness.
- Social responsibility in the framework of competitive support.
- The role of artificial intelligence in the competitiveness of organizations and the economy.
- Sustainable tourism development and its role in competitiveness.
- The economic impact of tourism and its impact on the competitive economy.
- Competitive pillars of the tourism and travel sector.
- The role of high performance organizations in achieving economic competitiveness and enhancing competitive capacities.
- Micro and middle business organizations and their role in a competitive economy.
- The efficacy of managing knowledge and its impact on competitiveness.
- Competitive strategies of micro and middle business organizations.
- Entrepreneurial education as an introduction to enhancing the competitiveness capacity of corporates.
- The impact of openness of foreign trade on the competitive capacity of corporates.
- The reality and mechanisms of supporting competitive capacities of corporates.
- The role of industrial zones in supporting and developing the competitive economy.
- Assessing the economic and organizations competitiveness through global competitiveness indicators.
Second Theme: Management of Excellence and Distinguished Performance of Organizations.
- King Abdullah II Award for Excellence in Government Performance and Transparency: Importance and strategic reflections.
- The strategic importance of the Arab and international awards for excellence and their impact on the quality of organizations management and competitiveness.
- Management excellence in Arab institutions (private and public).
- Digital management as an input to realize excellence in organizations.
- Modern management applications as a strategic approach to building a distinctive organization.
- The modern trends of human resources management and their role in reaching excellence.
- Digitization models in organizations and their impact on performance and excellence.
- Distinguished performance management and planning, a component for economic competitiveness.
- International experiences in management excellence.
- Standards and dimensions of institutional excellence.
- The essential factors of distinctive organizations.
- ICT and its role in realizing organizational excellence.
- The role of leadership in achieving organizational excellence.
- The role of legislations in reaching excellence.
- Enhancing competitive economy through integration of the public and private sectors.
- Innovation, creativity, patentability and their impact on the competitiveness of organizations and the economy.
- Excellence and development in management approaches and their impacts on competitiveness.
- Excellence and speed in the adoption of available modern technology and their impact on competitiveness.
- Empowerment management and its role in achieving institutional distinction.
- The Economics of Trust and their role in achieving institutional excellence.
- The joint values of developing excellence and achieving competitiveness.
- The modern Japanese management and excellence.
- Educational organizations and excellence.
- The effectiveness of employment (recruitment, selection and appointment) and its role in organizational excellence.
- Achieving excellence through the effectiveness of supply chain management.
- The role of strategic planning in achieving excellence.
- Competitiveness through management excellence.
- The role of accountability and transparency organizational excellence.
- Social responsibility and organizational excellence.
- Business environment and its impact on organizational excellence.
- Positioning and excellence.
- Requirements of management excellence.
- Strategies and management excellence.
- Distinctive business organizations: Requirements and sustainability horizons.
- Distinctive management of customer service.
- Leadership excellence and their role in organization competitiveness.
- Governance management and its role in achieving institutional distinctiveness.
- Distinguished performance and competitiveness in terms of marketing, finance, accounting, and job performance.
- Distinguished performance of financial markets.
- Pillars of distinguished performance of systemized jobs
- The role of cost accounting in achieving excellence
- Methods and role of cost management in achieving excellence.
- Effectiveness of utilizing financial capacities to achieve excellence.
- Assessing the performance of organizations in light of Arab and international excellence standards.
- Work ethics and distinguished performance.
Third Theme: Challenges and Crisis of the 21st century
- Environmental challenges that face economic growth, green growth and competitiveness.
- Challenges and competitiveness facing future generations.
- Challenges and obstacles of excellence management within organizations.
- Crisis management constraints in the public and private sectors.
- Strategies for addressing the crisis.
- Impact of the crisis on institutional performance.
- Crisis management and contemporary environmental challenges.
- Cloud computing and digital crisis management.
- Crisis management through digital platforms.
- Operational crisis in human resources management.
- Marketing crisis and ways to handle them.
- Financial and economic crisis, approaches and solutions.
- Crisis management, recent issues and challenges of development.
- Financial crisis and its impact on competitiveness.
- Economic crisis and its impact on competitiveness.
- Administrative and organizational crisis and their impact on competitiveness.
- Natural and human disasters and their impact on the competitiveness of organizations and the economy.
- Contemporary leadership and crisis management.
- International models for crisis management.
- Requirements for successful scenarios in financial and economic crisis management.
- Assessment of conventional crisis management methods.
- Assessment of unconventional crisis management methods.
- Quantitative methods in crisis management.
- Media challenges in crisis management.
- Successful experiences in crisis management-financial, economic, organizational, etc.
- The aftermath of the 2008 global financial crisis on the economy of organizations and countries.
- Crisis management and green accounting challenges.
- Development of accounting models to address the organizational crisis.
- Crisis management and big data challenges.
Committees of the Conference
The Preparatory Committee
- Fayez Haddad / Chairman of the Preparatory Committee / University of Jordan.
- Roushdy Al-Qawasmeh / Al-Quds Open University / Amman Office.
- Farah Shishan/ University of Jordan / Jordan.
- Duaa Al-Sayaydih / University of Jordan / Jordan.
- Nour Al-Aqra’a / Al-Quds Open University / Palestine.
- Salah Sabri / Al-Quds Open University / Palestine.
- Sabri Mushtaha / Al-Quds Open University / Palestine.
- Mustafa Al-Momani / University of Jordan / Jordan.
- Faris Al-Smadi/ University of Jordan / Jordan.
- Awad Mesehel / Al-Quds Open University / Palestine.
- Laila Ashour / University of Jordan / Jordan.
- Diala Abhlail / University of Jordan / Jordan.
- Mohammed Farid Samara / Al Quds Open University / Amman Office.
- Sameh Faisal Masha / Al-Quds Open University / Amman Office.
- Sawsan Awamleh / University of Jordan / Jordan.
- Yusuf Abufara / Chairman of the Scientific Committee / Al-Quds Open University.
- Samer Eid Dahiyat / Vice Chairman of the Scientific Committee / University of Jordan/ Jordan.
- Marwan Darwish /Al-Quds Open University / Palestine.
- Mohammad Tayeh / University of Jordan / Jordan.
- Diab Jarrar / Al-Quds Open University / Palestine.
- Abdel Hakim Akhorshaideh/ University of Jordan / Jordan.
- Ibrahim Awad / Al-Quds University / Palestine.
- Alhusssain Errami / Ibn Zohr University/ Agadir / Morocco.
- Alaa Alaani / University of Mosul / Iraq.
- Wael M. Jabrel / Omar Al-Mukhtar University/ Libia.
- Imad Al-Zeer / Palestine National University / Palestine.
- Mohammed Al-Khataybah / University of Jordan / Jordan.
- Shaher Obaid / Al-Quds Open University / Palestine.
- Taghrid Suifan / University of Jordan / Jordan.
- Ayad Altememi/ Al-Bayan University/ Iraq.
- Khawlah Spetan/ University of Jordan / Jordan.
- Zaina Qasem/ University of Jordan / Jordan.
- Hala Zydan/ University of Jordan / Jordan.
- Rand Dmour / University of Jordan / Jordan.
- Atieh Musleh / Al-Quds Open University / Palestine.
- Ahmed Herzallah / Al-Quds University / Palestine.
- Firas Barakat / Al-Quds University / Palestine.
- Tariq Al-Jabari / Hebron University / Palestine.
- Sharif Abu Karsh / Arab American University / Palestine.
- Omar Slaiby / Al-Quds University / Palestine.
- Majeed Mansour / Arab American University / Palestine.
- Fathallah Ghanem / Al-Quds Open University / Palestine.
- Abdelrahman Al-Silwadi / Al-Quds Open University / Palestine.
- Mohammed Al-Jabari / Hebron University / Palestine.
- Bouchair Louisa / Algeria University 3 / Algeria
- Nidal Darwish / Al-Quds University / Palestine.
- Ismail Roumi / Palestine Polytechnic University / Palestine.
- Shibly Swaitti / Al-Quds Open University / Palestine.
- Amal A. Al-Hila / Palestine Technical College / Palestine.
- Samer Arkawi / Ministry of Higher Education & Scientific Research/ Palestine.
- Khaled Al-Khatib / Research and Development of Human Recourses Center (REMAH) / Jordan.
- Jamil Al-Najjar / Al-Quds Open University / Palestine.
- Majed Sbeih / Al-Quds Open University / Palestine.
- Omar Abu Eideh / Al-Quds Open University / Palestine.
- Raslan Mohammed / Al-Quds Open University / Palestine.
- Zahia Lammouchi / Larbi Ben M'hidi University of Oum El Bouaghi / Oum El-Bouaghi/ Algeria.
- Marwan Abu Hilal / Al-Quds Open University / Palestine.
- Fawwaz Badawi / Al-Quds Open University / Palestine.
The Scientific Committee
- Administrative Leaders of public, private and civil institutions.
- Chairpersons and members of boards of directors of the institutions.
- Researchers and faculty members from relevant specializations and Jordanian, Palestinian, Arab, regional or international research centers.
- Businesspersons and investors.
- Directors and employees of competitive institutes and centers.
- Directors and employees of the institutions of excellence awards.
- Directors and staff of crisis and disaster management centers.
- Graduate and undergraduate students of relevant specializations.
- Anyone interested in the topics of the conference.
Terms and conditions for accepting research papers
- The research topic should be related to one of the conference themes.
- Research papers must be submitted no later than 25/6/2022.
- The paper should include an executive abstract in English and Arabic. It should contain 400 – 600 words that address the title of the research, researcher’s name, university/organization name and the country. The abstract should include all the scientific elements, such as the research problem, importance, objectives, justifications, methodology, procedures, tools, and recommendations. Abstracts that fulfill the criteria will be published in the conference book that will be distributed on the first day of the conference.
- The total word count for the research paper should be between 5000-7000 words, using font size 14 for the text, font size 14 bold for the titles, line spacing of 1.5, Arial, with margins of 2.5 cm.
- The research should fulfill the principles of scientific research.
- Research papers that have been previously published or being submitted for publishing in other conferences or journals are not accepted- whether using the same research title or a different one.
- Theoretical scientific articles that include ideas and innovative concepts on one of the conference themes are accepted.
- APA citation style should be used. References should be written in the body of the text after the quotation as follows, author’s family name, year of publication and page number.
- The references list should be written at the end of the paper. If the reference is a book, it should be written as follows, the name of the author / authors, the title of the book, the name of the translator, if any, the place of publication, the publisher, the edition, and the year of publication. If the reference is a journal, it should be written as follows, the author name, the title of the research, the name of the journal, the issue number and date of the journal, and the page number.
- Researchers should submit the CV along with the research paper, indicating their discipline, specialization, academic qualification, academic position, university from which they graduated, and current place of work.
- A color copy of the researcher passport must be submitted.
- Rejected research papers do not receive any justifications.
- Participation form should be filled and submitted.
Fees for the conference
200 euros per researcher . The fees cover accommodation costs, breakfast, lunch, transportation to and from the conference, and the conference bag.
All correspondences, inquiries, and submitted research paper should be sent to both of the following addresses:
Dr. Yousef Abu Fara
Chairman of the ScientificCommittee
Al-Quds Open University
Prof. Fayez Haddad
Chairman of the Preparatory Committee
University of Jordan