The Department aspires to excellence on the national and international levels in the field of education and scientific research through setting a comprehensive effective academic plan and recruiting highly competent teaching staff. The Major of English Language and Literature aims at preparing competent graduates who can employ literature to serve the community and teach its different genres such as short stories, novels, poetry and drama. The Major also seeks to equip students with the necessary skills for literary criticism, scientific research, and works of literature. Furthermore, students are encouraged to communicate and find means of cooperation channels with international entities concerned with English Language and Literature to broaden their knowledge about the various cultures of native English speaking nations.
- To meet the needs of the community for competent graduates who are capable of working at the various institutions.
- To enhance the competencies of students in creative writing and scientific research.
- To participate in conference and seminars related to Arabic Language.
- To consolidate relations, exchange experience and knowledge with other Arabic language departments and centers across the Arab World and Palestine.
- To match the requirements of national and regional labor market from qualified graduates, especially the sectors of broadcast and journalism.
- To provide comprehensive knowledge for student to continue their education in graduate studies.
- To raise the competitiveness of the graduates in the labor market.
- Teaching at private and public schools.
- Professional career at the Media outlets.