The Current Services
At the present time, the Center offers the following services:
- Translating and proofreading any needed documents and materials for the University.
- Translating scientific research papers conducted by the faculty staff to publish them in refereed journals and periodicals.
- Proofreading translated research papers and studies conducted by the faculty staff to publish them in refereed journals and periodicals.
- Developing the competencies of translators and students in the local community through organizing varied workshops and seminars that tackle different topics in the field of translation and interpretation.
- Building partnerships and coordinating with institutions and entities that work in similar fields to set up agreements and find means of cooperation.
- Developing the competencies of translators through offering workshops and training programs for interested individuals from the University and the local community.
The Future Services
The Center is planning to develop its staff and facilities in the near future to include the following services:
- Translating and publishing important books and studies especially in the field of science and technology based on the need of the University and the recommendations of the consultative committee.
- Connecting cultures through translating some of the most important publications in the region and worldwide into Arabic or English based on the recommendations of the consultative committee.
- Providing translation and interpretation services to the local community institutions, once the needed technical infrastructure and the specialized staff are made available.
- Providing consultancy and guidelines in translation and arabization for the University and the local community with the help of experts in the field.
- Developing a virtual library to upload the translated documents and research papers, creating a database available for all readers worldwide.