Prof. Younes Murshed Younis Amr
Full Professor in Arabic Language & Eastern Languages.
Cell Phone: +970 59 9206302
E-Mail: [email protected]
Date & Place of Birth: Hebron – 1947
- PhD in Arabic and Semitic Languages (1979),
University of Alexandria, Egypt.
- Master’s Degree in Arabic and Semitic Languages (1974),
University of Alexandria, Egypt.
- B.A. in Arabic Language (1970),
Beirut Arab University, Lebanon.
- 2001 - Present: President of Al-Quds Open University.
- 1995 - 2001: Vice President for Administrative Affairs and a Co-founder of the University, AL-Quds Open University.
- 1990 - 2001: Director of Hebron Educational Center, Al-Quds Open University.
- 1997 - 1999: Dean of Student Affairs, Al Quds-Open University.
- 1985 - 1990: Dean of Scientific Research, Hebron University.
- 1977 - 1990: Deputy President, Hebron University.
- 1980 - 1985: Dean of the Faculty of Arts and Head of Arabic Language Department, Hebron University.
- 1977 - 1980: Assistant Prof. of Arabic and Hebrew, Hebron University.
- 1973 - 1977: Teacher and an Administrator at schools in Libya.
Local & Abroad Positions and Activities:
- Member of the Advisory Board of the Commission of Detainees and Ex-detainees Affairs.
- Member of the Palestinian National Council.
- Member of the Revolutionary Council of the Fatah movement.
- 2017 - Member of the Board of Trustees of the Historical Dictionary of Arabic Language in the Arab World.
- 2017 - 2022: A member in the Europe Business Assembly.
- 2015 - Present: Member of the Executive Council of the Association of Arab Universities.
- 2015 – Present: Member of the Board of Trustees of Palestinians Doctors and Pharmacists Union in Germany.
- Since establishment – Present: Member of the Board of Trustees of Al-Istiqlal University for Security Sciences.
- 2001 - Present: Member of the Palestinian Council of Higher Education.
- 1986 - Present: Member of the Board of Trustees of Al-leqaa Center for Religious and Heritage Studies in Bethlehem.
- 1986 - Present: Member and a Co-founder of the Board of the Palestinian Arabic Language Academy in Jerusalem.
- 1995 - 1999: President of the Palestinian Arabic Language Academy in Jerusalem.
- 1994 - 1996: First President of the Cultural Forum in Hebron.
- 1992 - 1996: Vice President of the General Union for Palestinian Writers.
- 1988 - 1992: Secretary General of the General Union for Palestinian Writers.
- Member of the Board of Trustees of Former Hippocrates Center for Hematology.
- Member of the Secretariat of the Arabic Academies Union in Cairo.
- Member of the Board of Trustees of the Palestinian Dream Foundation.
- Member of the Palestinian National Council for Mathematics (Rafaah).
- Member of general boards and administration of several public institutions in Palestine.
- Consultant in several editorial boards for editing journals and publications.
- Arabic Philology, Publications of Al-Quds Open University, Palestine, 2016.
- Ibn Gabiral: An Andalusi Jew and the impact of Arabic ideologies on his work. Dar Usama, Amman, Jordan, 2014.
- The Islamic and Israeli Dictums of Moses “peace be upon him”, Dar Al-Shayma’, 2012.
- Jerusalem, landmarks and identity, Al- Quds Open University, 2012.
- Lexicon of the Palestinian Uprising (Intifadah), Journal of the Palestinian Arabic Language Academy in Jerusalem, 2003.
- Anthology of Contemporary Hebrew Literature, Journal of the Palestinian Arabic Language Academy in Jerusalem, 2001.
- The Two Ottoman Turkish Inscriptions in the Karantina's building in Hebron (Verification, Translation and Commentary): Journal of Al-Quds Open University, 2001.
- Ibn Zuqa’a Diwan (collection of poems): Analysis and Study. Dar al-Mustaqbal Publications, Hebron, 2001
- Abu Ishaq al-Albiri: An Arab Muslim Poet, Journal of the Palestinian Arabic Language Academy in Jerusalem, 2001.
- Factors of Declension in Arabic, Dar al-Mustaqbal Publications, Hebron, 2001.
- Labels of Hebron in Languages and History, Hebron's Old City Reconstruction Committee, 2000.
- The Sultan Pool in Hebron: A Civilization Monument, Huda al-Islam Magazine, Jerusalem, 1999.
- Hebron’s Ruins and their Role in Representing the Palestinian Identity. Ministry of Tourism and Antiquities, 1999.
- The Two Inscriptions of Fatima bint-L-Hasan bin Ali’s grave at Bani Neim: Ein Shams University Journal, Cairo, 1999.
- Bani Neim Stone Inscription, Journal of the Palestinian Arabic Language Academy in Jerusalem, 1999.
- Stone Inscriptions of Nuba Endowment (Waqf) of Al- Aqsa Mosque and the Dome of the Rock in Jerusalem (the international conference of Palestine on papyrus and inscriptions), Ein Shams University, Cairo, 1998.
- Hebron: The Cradle of Fathers and Forefathers, An-Najah National University, Nablus, 1997.
- Jerusalem in Islam, Islamic and Christian Palestinian Study:, Al-Liqa Center, 1996.
- Al-Aqsa Mosque Inscriptions Jerusalem: their Role in Architecture and Value in the Arab Civilization, Al-Liqa' Center, 1995.
- Al-Ibrahimi Mosque Inscriptions in Hebron, Dar Rawan, Jerusalem, Islamic Conference publications, 1990.
- Jerusalem: the City of God, Dar Al-Hakim Publications (first edition 1986), Nazareth, (second edition 1987), Hebron University, (third edition 2009), Dar Al- Shaima’.
- Research entitled "Jabal Rumeida", Rawan Publishing House, Jerusalem, 1987.
- Images of Arabs in Hebrew Children's Literature, Hebron University, 1987.
- Historical Figures in Palestine: Ibrahim bin Zuqa’a, Hebron University, 1986.
- Al-Dhimmah in Islam, Al- Liqa Center Magazine, 1986.
- Arabic Hebron – A city with a Rich History, (first edition 1985), Dar al- Qalam Publishing House, Ramallah, (Second edition 1980), Hebron University.
- Arabic Philology, Palestinian Publishing Agency, Jerusalem, 1985.
- Andalusian Literature, Hebron, 1983.
- Various contributions in Palestinian Literature & culture, especially in Short Stories.
- Participation in many scientific, cultural & literary conferences in Palestine & abroad.
- Several intellectual articles published in newspapers and journals.
Publications in English:
- The Sacrifice of Abraham in Islam: the Islamic Sacrifice of Abraham in the three monotheistic Religions, Jerusalem, 1995.
- Jerusalem the City of God, Al-Bireh, 2018.
- Won The International Socrates Award “Manager of The Year” in 2017, presented by the Europe Business Assembly.
- Won Top Academic Figure in the annual poll of Ma’an, 2009.
- Awarded a gold medal by Al Liqa Center for Religious and Heritage Studies in the Holy Land, Palestine, 1990.
- Won the Best Story in Palestine Award, 1988.
- Awarded several gold and bronze medals by various institutions in Palestine and abroad.
- Composed short stories & poetry, several of which are published.