Abdelmalek Essaâdi University – Morocco
in cooperation with al-Quds Open University – Palestine
The 1st International Scientific Conference entitled:
“Social Care Policies in the Arab World between Reality and Hope”
26-27 April 2019
Abdelmalek Essaâdi University / Morocco
This conference, organized by Adbelmalek Essaadi University in Morocco and al-Quds Open University in Palestine, represents an academic cooperation in the context of the distinctive relations and continuous cooperation between Palestine and the Moroccan Kingdom. This cooperation emphasizes the deep historical relations between the two states and their academic institutions and guarantees the continuity of experience and knowledge exchange between researchers and academics to achieve partnership in different social development fields in the Arab world.
It is an opportunity to exchange opinions about the Arab world’s big social transformations.
These transformations require finding academic and scientific specialized platforms that will bring about the exchange of perspectives on the different fields of development. Besides, it will also help empowering Arab societies in facing challenges and in analyzing social problems in order to develop plans and programs that will participate in rebuilding social care policies in the Arab world that guarantee the well-being of the generations.
The conference discusses one of the most important issues related to the development of the social care policies in the Arab world given that the current policies used in the Arab world are not updated to fulfill the needs of the Arab citizens in the modern century. Under the new challenges that the Arab world is witnessing and the changes in all fields of knowledge, this conference helps entering the modern century and keeping up with the comprehensive renaissance in all its needs and requirements. The development of new technologies, the easy transportations routes and the communication revolution made the world a small village; this in turn increased the need for changing the social care policies in the Arab world. The time has come to benefit from others’ experiences and from the developments of human innovations. Hence, there is a need to hold this conference in order to have the opportunity to be exposed to the experiences of others and come up with recommendations that will help enhance the expertise in the field of social service in order to improving the living circumstances for the people of the Arab world. In addition, the conference recommendation will help setting new policies based on the scientific approaches that were used in the submitted studies and researches that correspond with the new century’s needs taking into consideration our civilization legacy, religion, values, customs and traditions as our base for achieving comprehensive social development in the Arab world.
- Creating opportunities for cultural and information exchange between social care organizations in the Arab world;
- Encouraging researchers to submit studies and researches that help in drafting new policies for social care and fulfill the needs of the contemporary Arab citizen;
- Consolidating the efforts of the interested persons to reshape the social care policies in correspondence with the new life of the Arab societies;
- Analyzing the laws and regulations applied in the Arab countries and attempting to develop them in favor of the targeted segments of the social care system;
- Opening cooperation horizons between both Universities;
- Getting introduced to international experiences and working on harmonizing the social care policies in the Arab world with the Arab communities developmental contexts;
- Identifying the priorities of all the segments of the society that need social care in the Arab communities;
- Solving the problems resulting from the gap between legislations related to social care on one side and reality on the other side;
- Studying ways that help in developing a social care program and providing recommendations to achieve it;
- Reconciling theory and practice in the field of social care;
- Reading the social development strategies in the Arab world and their impact on the social care programs and policies (the case of Palestine – Morocco);
- Professionalizing social work in the Arab world (practice, work ethics, systems, laws and regulations).
First Theme: Presenting models of social care policies used in the Arab world.
Second Theme: Social care priorities in the light of available resources.
Third Theme: Social care problems in the Arab world.
Fourth Theme: Presenting models for international experiences in the field of social care and presenting strategies of the benefit gained from them in the Arab world.
Fifth Theme: Re-drafting social care regulations to fulfill the needs of the Arab community in accordance with the needs of the current time.
Sixth Theme: Where are we from the goals of 2030 agenda of the sustainable development in terms of social care policies?
Seventh Theme: Plans and strategies for Arab social development and its relation with social care policies.
Eighth Theme: The responsiveness degree of social policies in the Arab world to the increasing needs of social care.
- Faculty members in Arab universities, colleges and institutes.
- The different governmental organizations.
- Experts, consultants and researchers.
- Employees in the planning units in the different organizations.
- Counselors and social workers.
Terms and Conditions for Participation
- The research topic should be related to one of the conference themes;
- The research should follow the accredited scientific methodology;
- The initial acceptance will be issued based on the registration procedures and conference instructions;
- The research paper should be sent in pdf or word format;
- The research paper should not exceed 20 pages;
- The page should be A4 size;
- The font used for Arabic papers should be Simplified Arabic; size 16, 1.00 line spacing and the margins of all sides should be 2;
- The font used for English papers should be Calibri, size 16 and 1 line spacing;
- The research should start with (research title, researcher name and place of work- country);
- When the research is accepted, it will be listed in the conference agenda and conference book;
- The researches should be submitted two month before the conference date
- Preparing a 10-minute power presentation about the research during the conference.
- Deadline for submitting research papers: January 30, 2019
- Announcing the accepted researches after peer-review: February 30, 2019
- The conference will be held on 26/27 April 2019
Organizing Committee Members:
|1.||Prof. Hothaifa Imzian||President of Abdelmalek Essaâdi University/ Tetouan|
|2.||Dr. Ahmed Al-Masawi||Vice president for cooperation and scientific research/ Abdelmalek Essaâdi University|
|3.||Prof. Jihad Al-Batsh||Vice President for Gaza Strip Affairs/ Al-Quds Open University|
|4.||Dr. Mohammed Sa’d Al-Zmouri||Dean of the Faculty of Arts and Human Sciences/ Martil|
|5.||Dr. Imad Shtieh||Dean of the Faculty of Social and Family Development/ Al-Quds Open University|
|6.||Dr. Mustafa Al-Ghashi||Vice Dean of Faculty for Cooperation Scientific Research|
|7.||Dr. Al-Zahra Al-Khamlishi||Sociology Professor, Faculty of Arts|
|8.||Dr. Mohammed Al-Shraimi||Sociology Instructor/ Faculty of Arts|
|9.||Dr. Abdulhafiz Musleh||Faculty Member/ Al-Quds Open University|
|10.||Mr. Abdullah Al-Khudari||Public Relations Official/ Al-Quds Open University- Gaza Strip|
Scientific Committee Members:
|1.||Dr. Mustafa Al-Ghashi||Vice Dean of Faculty for Scientific Research and Cooperation|
|2.||Dr. Al-Zahra Al-Khamlishi||Sociology Research Professor, Faculty of Arts/ Tetouan|
|3.||Dr. Amina Al-Sousi||Sociology Research Professor, Social Institute in Tangier|
|4.||Dr. Najat Al-Khidani||Sociology Research Professor, Social Institute in Tangier|
|5.||Prof. Sami Abu Ishaq||Faculty Member/ Al-Quds Open University|
|6.||Prof. Hussain Al-Khuzai||Dean of the Faculty of Social Service/ Al-Balqa' University|
|7.||Dr. Masoud Hijou||Faculty Member in Social Service/ Al-Quds Open University|
|8.||Dr. Samah Salih||Head of Social Service Section/ An-Najah National University/ Palestine|
Dr. Imad Ishtayyah
Dean of Faculty of Social & Family Development
Al-Quds Open University
E-mail: [email protected]