Under the Auspices of
The Faculty of Business at the University of Jordan (Amman/Jordan), and The Faculty of Administrative and Economic Sciences at Al-Quds Open University (Palestine) organize the 8th joint scientific conference entitled:
E-business and E-management Applications at Public and Private Organizations
Amman/Jordan , At the University of Jordan
The Faculty of Business Building
The conference addresses a vital and trendy subject especially in the Arab organizations, which is e-business and e-management applications at public and private organizations to emphasize the concept of distinction. Adopting e-business and e-management brings these organizations great advantages and many positive results like introducing new dimensions to the business, functions, activities and processes that fulfill the customers’ needs, besides providing new and various alternatives, reducing expenses, changing expenses structure, expanding the market size, achieving better profits, providing data and information on a wide scale, reducing buying, marketing and distribution obstacles, facilitating exchange among sellers and buyers and reducing the importance of the site factor in business.
This international scientific joint conference focuses on e-business and e-management multiple aspects, and discusses their role in making a substantial change in the organizations performance in its difference types. This conference is a scientific and academic gathering for researchers, decision makers and organizations directors from different countries to share their researches, studies and scientific experiences during the conference sessions under its various themes.
The main message of this conference is a result of the serious attention given by the conference administration to link between the literature and the different theories related to the business and e-management on one side, and its applications in the public and private organizations on the other side. The conference aims at achieving and enhancing the concepts and practices of distinction, quality, innovation and competition, which will be achieved through a number of research papers and a group of practical experiences locally, regionally and internationally that will shed light on the various themes of the conference.
In complementary to the social, economic and research objectives that the series of joint conferences organized by the Faculty of Business at the University of Jordan and the Faculty of Administrative and Economic Sciences at QOU aim to achieve, this conference aims at achieving a number of objectives through the research participations that will be discussed during the conference. The results of the researches will be submitted to the competent parties and all interested sides through published copies and soft copies. The conference aims to achieve the following most important objectives:
- Highlighting the importance of e-business and its role in the success of the business organizations and increasing their expansion besides increasing their sales in the different markets;
- Emphasizing the strategic horizons and employment fields that will be achieved as a result of applying e-governance and its role in facilitating the processes and procedures and achieving a high level of quality in favor of the users;
- Shedding light on the various ideas, concepts and theories related to e-business and e-management, clarifying ways of investing it in the best applications and practices in various types of organizations;
- Introducing the staff of the public and private organizations to the various requirements for the applications of the e–business and e-management;
- Identifying the various challenges and obstacles that face the e-business and e-management and providing constructive and effective suggestions to solve them;
- Participating in enriching the universities’ graduates with theoretical knowledge and practical applications for this type of knowledge in order to help them establish their own small businesses as part of the strategic efforts that focus on building responsible and productive generations;
- Deepening professional cooperation between public and private organizations and enriching their administrations with scientific knowledge that will help in improving the performance quality.
First Theme: Marketing
- The blended e-marketing and its elements integration.
- E-trade and its development in the Arab countries.
- Standards of products and services pricing in the e-markets.
- Main factors of pricing in the e-markets.
- Different strategies of pricing in the e-markets.
- Pricing comparison websites in the e-markets: reality, impact and ways to adapt.
- Auctions in the e-markets, ways of their uses and expanding their benefits.
- Social media websites and their marketing role in the e-markets.
- Pricing and non-pricing competitions in the e-markets.
- Planning and developing products, displaying and selling them in the e-markets.
- The efficiency of marketing the products in the e-market.
- Media and advertising management in the e-market.
- Promoting products through company’s website.
- Promoting products in the e-markets through search engines.
- Promoting products in the e-markets through e-advertising.
- Promoting products in the e-markets through e-mails.
- The challenges of fake e-mails and their impact on promoting in the e-markets.
- Promoting products in the e-markets through social media websites (facebook, twitter, youtube and others).
- Sponsored advertisements to promote products in the e-markets.
- Free advertisements to promote products in the e-market.
- The use of viral marketing in promoting products in e-markets.
- Promoting products through mobile.
- Political marketing applications in the e-markets.
- The applications of e-travel transactions through the internet.
- Marketing information system in the e-markets.
- Indicators of the effectiveness and the efficiency of e-marketing.
- Integrity and cooperation between the elements of the blended e-marketing.
- Success stories in the e-marketing.
- Obstacles to marketing e-business in organizations.
- E-flies phenomenon.
- The efficiency of the content marketing strategy in social media websites.
- Digital reputation management of organizations.
Second Theme: Administrative and Legal Theme
- E-management and its role in the effectiveness and efficiency of organizations.
- E-business strategy (drafting e-business strategy and e-strategic plan for e-business, implementing e-business strategy, e-business strategy assessment, e-business strategy assessment indicators).
- Human resources e-management (electronic training, electronic training management, electronic management for polarizing, selection and appointing, electronic management for employees’ assessment…).
- Social media websites and their role in enhancing the performance of e-business and e-management.
- The fields of applying e-management in organizations.
- E-management in scientific research and scientific journals.
- E-management for opinion polls via internet.
- E-management for conferences, workshops and seminars.
- E-management and knowledge management.
- Organizations’ integration in the virtual business.
- Obstacles to administration and the challenges of the transformation from traditional business to virtual management.
- Managing the basic jobs of e-management:
- Marketing management in the e-markets
- Managing the human resources responsible for e-business
- Financial and accounting work of the e-business
- Production and operations in the e-business
- Technology and information systems related to e-business
- Sales management in e-markets
- Research and development in e-business
- E-management as an approach for organizational development
- E-management as an approach to organizational excellence
- Requirements to apply e-business and e-management in organizations
- Assessment of the efficiency of e-business and e-management in organizations e-business and e-management between the past, present and future
- Approaches to evaluate e-business and e-management effectiveness.
- Social responsibility content analysis and the commitment to it in the organizations websites.
- Organization’s governance in the e-markets.
- E-management of crisis (administrative, economic, financial…).
- Legal reality of e-business in the Arab countries.
- Electronic crimes in e-business and e-management.
- Legislation for e-governance.
- Prevent exploiting e-business in money laundering crimes.
- Prevent exploiting e-business in human trafficking crimes.
Third Theme: Customers in E-Markets
- Electronic customers relations (e-CRM).
- New roles of e-stores attraction of customers and keeping them.
- Achieving customers’ satisfaction and their loyalty in e-markets.
- E-shopping and the challenge of products quality assurance.
- Product branding and building its reputation for the customers in the e-markets.
- Personalization in product marketing in the e-markets.
- Mass customization.
- Customers approaches in e-markets.
- Strategies of attracting customers and keeping them in the e-markets.
- Customers support services in the e-markets.
- Customer behavior in the e-markets and the influencing factors.
- Creative methods to attract customers in the e-markets.
- E-Systems management for customers complains.
- The role of the customers knowledge of the technology culture in the success of the e-business and e-management.
- E-reservation for receiving the service and its role in improving the quality of the product.
Fourth Theme: E-business, Distinction and Competition
- The competitive and strategic features achieved by the internet for public and private organizations in producing products and services and selling them in the e-markets.
- Competition between organizations in the e-markets.
- Applications of Porter;s Five Forces Model in the e-markets.
- The competitive and strategic features of the marketing strategies and policies in the e-markets.
- E-management as approach to achieve competitive and distinction organizational feature.
- E-business, distinction, leadership and small businesses.
- Distinctive management for buying and selling process through the internet.
- Distinction in providing insurance services in the e-markets.
- Distinction in providing financial and banking services in the e-markets.
- Distinction in services marketing in the e-markets.
- Distinction in providing supporting services for buying and selling processes through the internet.
- Distinction in e-management for agricultural services.
- The role of the academic majors (e-marketing and e-business) in the Arab universities in increasing the customers interest towards e-business and e-management.
- Creative and innovative methods in distributing products and services in the e-markets.
- Recruiting e-business in supporting development.
Fifth Theme: Technology, Education and E-learning
- E-store: design, features, success conditions and sustainability.
- E-management work procedures in the Arab countries.
- Strategic information systems in the virtual organizations.
- Cloud Computing for Organization.
- Managing big data and data warehouse.
- Designing and establishing e-stores for business organizations.
- Basis and technical, marketing, and financial features for successful e-stores.
- E-applications for transportation systems.
- Technological challenges in applying e-business in organizations.
- E-business and e-management forms.
- Internet of things: development, expansion, various applications and features.
- Providing educational services in the e-markets (education and e-learning).
- The efficiency and effectiveness the management and the marketing of e-learning technology.
- E-learning techniques and the quality of designing curricula and e-books.
Sixth Theme: E-business, E-management, Privacy and Security
- Privacy elements and aspects in the e-markets.
- The importance of privacy in the relations between customers and organizations in the e-markets.
- The risks of using personal data of the customers outside the privacy policies.
- Various technologies to protect the customers privacy in the e-markets.
- Methods and techniques to achieve e-processes security.
- Data security and electronic spying.
- Financial transactions security in the e-markets.
- Electronic gaps in the e-payment system.
- Standards and protocols of e-business security.
Seventh Theme: Financial and Accounting Theme
- Electronic banking.
- Taxes and customs on the electronic transactions through the internet (reality and challenges, solutions and suggestions).
- E-payment methods via internet.
- E-coins like Bitcoin, Ethereum and others and their use in the e-markets.
- Experimental e-coins like Litecoin and Testnet that are used as an experiment in the e-markets.
- Block Chain technology and its relations with virtual coins.
- Technology and international stock.
- Systems and accounting treatments for e-business.
- Challenges and difficulties of accounting for e-business.
- Tax evasion in the e-business: reality and solutions suggestions.
- Calculating e-business expenses.
- The expenses of establishing and updating e-stores and their sustainability.
- Governmental support for the e-business and e-management.
- Financial and accounting challenges in applying e-business in the organizations.
- E-business, e-management and financial inclusion.
Eighth Theme: Economic Theme
- Economic smartness, smart systems and their applications in the organizations.
- Digital economy, its applications and role in the organizations distinction.
- Strategies of transformation to digital economy.
- Digital economy indicators.
- Digital economy and economic growth.
- Smart cities in the economic knowledge framework.
- Economic impact for e-business.
Ninth Theme: e-governance
- e-governance objectives, types and implementation stages.
- Requirements of e-governance.
- Main indicators of the readiness of e-governance.
- e-governance forms.
- Creative solutions provided by e-governance.
- Opportunities and challenges of e-governance.
- e-governance and anti-corruption.
- e-governance, transparency and disclosure.
- e-governance and customers privacy.
- The role of e-governance in facilitating transactions and procedures and achieving life quality for the beneficiaries of its services.
- Displaying and assessing Arab countries experiences in applying e-governance with specific focus on successful experiences.
- Prof. Fayez Haddad/ Head of the Preparatory Committee/ Dean of the Faculty of Business/ University of Jordan/ Jordan.
- Dr. Alaa Al-Shakhshir/ Vice Chairman of the Preparatory Committee/ al-Quds Open University/ Palestine.
- Dr. Adel Bino/ University of Jordan/ Jordan.
- Dr. Samer al-Dihiyat/ University of Jordan/ Jordan.
- Dr. Taghreed Suaifan/ University of Jordan/ Jordan.
- Dr. Rushdi al-Qawasmeh/ al-Quds Open University/ Palestine.
- Dr. Hamzeh al-Mwaly/ University of Jordan/ Jordan.
- Dr. Mohammed al-Khataybeh/ University of Jordan/ Jordan.
- Dr. Zaid Obaidat/ University of Jordan/ Jordan.
- Dr. Mohammed al-Najar/ University of Jordan/ Jordan.
- Dr. Abdulhakim Akhorshaideh/ University of Jordan/ Jordan.
- Dr. Walid Shawaqfeh/ University of Jordan/ Jordan.
- Dr. Laila Dahabiya/ University of Jordan/ Jordan.
- Dr. Abdulqadir al-Darawish/ al-Quds Open University/ Palestine.
- Dr. Tareq al-Mabrouk/ al-Quds Open University/ Palestine.
- Dr. Noor al-Aqra' / al-Quds Open University/ Palestine.
- Dr. Atiah Musleh/ al-Quds Open University/ Palestine.
- Dr. Sabri Mushtaha/ al-Quds Open University/ Palestine.
- Dr. Jalal Shabat/ al-Quds Open University/ Palestine.
- Dr. Mohammed Talalweh/ al-Quds Open University/ Palestine.
- Mr. Ibrahim Elyan/ al-Quds Open University/ Palestine.
- Dr. Younis Jaafar/ al-Quds Open University/ Palestine.
- Mr. Nehad Asad Zawatyeh/ al-Mashreq Insurance Company/ Palestine.
- Ms. Amal al-Masri/ Middle East Business Magazine and News.
- Ms. Haya Abdeen/ al-Quds Open University/ Palestine.
- Mr. Awad Mashal/ al-Quds Open University/ Palestine.
- Mr. Iyad Ishtaya/ al-Quds Open University/ Palestine.
- Chief of Staff of the Faculty of Business/ University of Jordan/ Jordan.
- Finance unit employee/ University of Jordan/ Jordan.
- Supplies department employee/ University of Jordan/ Jordan.
- Media and public relations employee/ University of Jordan/ Jordan.
- Website liaison office employee/ Faculty of Business/ University of Jordan/ Jordan.
- Faculty of Business Chief of Staff/ University of Jordan/ Jordan
- "Mohammed Amin" mashkhaj/ Financial Affairs Unit/ University of Jordan/ Jordan
- Supplies Department Employee/ University of Jordan/ Jordan
- Ms. Aya Al-Hasanat/ University of Jordan/ Jordan
- Ms. Doaa' As-Siyadiyah/ Website Liaison Officer/ Faculty of Business/ University of Jordan/ Jordan
- Mr. Ma'moun Al-Damour/ Computer Center/ University of Jordan/ Jordan
- Dr. Yousef Abu Fara/ Head of the Scientific Committee/ Dean of the Faculty of Administrative and Economic Sciences/ al-Quds Open University.
- Prof. Fayez Haddad/ Dean of the Faculty of Business/ University of Jordan/ Jordan.
- Dr. Samer al-Dehyat/ Vice Chairman of the Scientific Committee/ University of Jordan/ Jordan.
- Dr. Marwan Darwish/ al-Quds Open University/ Palestine.
- Dr. Adel Bino/ University of Jordan/ Jordan.
- Dr. Eng. Islam Amr/ al-Quds Open University/ Palestine.
- Prof. Yousef Abu Zir/ al-Quds Open University/ Palestine.
- Dr. Amal Al-Hileh/ Palestine Technical University/ Palestine.
- Prof. Samir Abu Znaid / Hebron University/ Palestine.
- Prof. Aysar Sosan/ Arab American University/ Palestine.
- Dr. Taghreed Saeefan/ University of Jordan/ Jordan.
- Dr. Sameh al-Atout/ An-Najah National University/ Palestine.
- Dr. Hamzeh al-Mwaly/ University of Jordan/ Jordan.
- Dr. Mohammed al-Khataybeh/ University of Jordan/ Jordan.
- Prof. Kamel Barbar/ al-Jinan University/ Lebanon.
- Prof. Mohammed al-Najar/ University of Jordan/ Jordan.
- Dr. Zaid Obaidat/ University of Jordan/ Jordan.
- Dr. Walid Shawaqafeh/ University of Jordan/ Jordan.
- Prof. Khalid al-Khatib/ Remah Center/ Jordan.
- Dr. Ghassan Shahin/ Palestine Polytechnic University/ Palestine.
- Dr. Zahran Daraghmeh/ Arab American University/ Palestine.
- Dr. Omar al-Salibi/ al-Quds University/ Palestine.
- Dr. Hussain Abdulqader/ |al-Istiqlal University/ Palestine.
- Dr. Salameh Salim/ al-Quds Open University/ Palestine.
- Dr. Alhusssain al-Rami/ University of Agadir / Morocco.
- Prof. Husni Awad/ al-Quds Open University/ Palestine.
- Prof. Diab Jarrar/ al-Quds Open University/ Palestine.
- Prof. Fathallah Ghanem/ al-Quds Open University/ Palestine.
- Dr. Azmi al-Atrash/ al-Quds University/ Palestine.
- Dr. Odeh Masharqa/ al-Quds Open University/ Palestine.
- Dr. Abdulrahman al-Silwadi/ al-Quds Open University/ Palestine.
- Dr. Sharif Abu Karsh/ Arab American University/ Palestine.
- Dr. Ibrahim Awad/ al-Quds University/ Palestine.
- Prof. Kamal Rzaiq/ University of Blida/ Algeria.
- Dr. Hiziyeah Zayed/ ENSSEA/ Algeria.
- Dr. Iyad al-Tamimi/ Al-Bayan University/ Iraq.
- Prof. Farid Kortel/ University of Skikda/ Algeria.
- Dr. Alaa' al-Ani/ University of Mosul/ Iraq.
- Dr. Majid Mansour/ Arab American University/ Palestine.
- Dr. Ramez al-Tanbour/ al-Jinan University/ Lebanon.
- Dr. Kamel Abu Kweek/ al-Quds University/ Palestine.
- Prof. Omar Abu Ideh/ al-Quds Open University/ Palestine.
- Dr. Khalid Zibdeh/ al-Quds Open University/ Palestine.
- Dr. Fadilah Boturah/ Université Larbi Tébessi/ Algeria.
- Dr. Islam Abduljawad/ An-Najah National University/ Palestine.
- Dr. Ahmed Hirzallah/ al-Quds University/ Palestine.
- Dr. Majdi al-Kababji/ al-Quds Open University/ Palestine.
- Dr. Marwan Abu Hilal/ al-Quds Open University/ Palestine.
- Dr. Wael Mohammed Jibril/ Omar Al-Mukhtar University/ Libya.
Participating and Invited Parties
Participants, invitees and beneficiaries:
- Administrative leaderships of the public, private and civil organizations.
- Members of the directors councils from the various organizations.
- Researchers and faculty members from the related faculties, in addition to the regional, international, Palestinian and Jordanian research centers.
- Businessmen, investors and interested parties in the e-business and e-management.
- Postgraduate students and bachelor students from the related faculties.
Terms and Conditions for Participations
- The research topic should be related to one of the conference’s themes.
- Full research papers should be submitted no later than 10/03/2019. Abstracts are not required to be submitted separately.
- The Research should include an abstract in both Arabic and English. The abstract should be executive summary. The content should be proofread and edited. The word count should be 400-600 words. The abstract should include research title, researcher name, university or organization name and country name. It should also include all scientific elements that should be available in the research abstracts like the research’s problem, importance, objectives, justifications, limitations, methodology, procedures, tools, most important results and recommendations, etc. Abstracts that follow these instructions will be published in the conference book, which will be distributed in the first day of the conference.
- The research should fulfill all the elements and basics of the scientific research.
- Research papers that have been previously presented in other conferences or published in any journal or currently being reviewed for publishing are not accepted.
- Theoretical scientific articles that include new ideas and concepts related to the conference themes are accepted.
- APA citation style should be used; the reference or source should be indicated in the text directly after the quoted paragraph and should include (the author’s surname, year of publication and page number).
- References list should be included at the end of the research paper. If the reference is a book, the citation should include author’s name, book title, translator name if any, place of publishing, publisher, edition, year of publication, and page number. If the reference is a journal, the citation should indicate the author name, research title, journal name, volume, date of publishing and page number.
- The research paper should be between 5000 and 7000 words, typed in a Word file, font 14 normal for the body of the text, and bold for the titles, with 1.5 line space, using Arial font. The margins should be 2.5 on all sides.
- The researchers should submit their CVs along with the research paper, specifying their general discipline, specific major, academic degree, academic title, the attended university and place of work (university or organization).
- The researchers should submit a colored copy of their passport.
- The conference administration is not obliged to provide reasons and justifications for research papers rejected by the scientific committee.
- Participation form should be filled and submitted.
The fees for participating in this conference are 200$ for each researcher. The fees cover the expenses of accommodation in a hotel for all the conference days, transportation from and to the University in addition to the conference bag.
All correspondences, inquiries and researches should be addressed to:
|Prof. Fayez Haddad
Dean of the Faculty of Business
University of Jordan
e-mail: [email protected]
|Dr. Yousef Abu Fara
Dean of the Faculty of Administrative and Economic Sciences
Al-Quds Open University
e-mail: [email protected] , [email protected]