Conference of Jerusalem: The Heart of the Arab-Israeli Conflict (A strategic vision towards the future)
The Importance of the Conference
The conference sheds light on the serious developments affecting Jerusalem and its Islamic and Christian identity following the unjust American declaration that violates the resolutions of the international legitimacy on Jerusalem and changes its future and legal status This coincides with escalated Israeli violations against the city and its citizens.
Israel is taking advantage from the preoccupation of the Arab and Islamic nations with their internal conflicts to accelerate the pace of Judaization in Jerusalem and the West Bank.
Shedding the light on the current situation of Jerusalem, ending up the prevailing injustice in the city and working towards ending the occupation and confronting the fierce attacks targeting the city and its people, especially after the latest US declaration regarding Jerusalem.
- Highlighting the religious and cultural status of Jerusalem and preserving its Arab, Islamic and Christian identity,
- Mobilizing the Arab, Islamic and international solidarity for the cause of Jerusalem.
- Exposing the Zionist American plan that targets the city and its Islamic and Christian sanctuaries.
- Raising the morale of Jerusalemites and supporting their steadfastness.
- Assembling the Arab and Islamic nations to defend the city and its holy sites.
- Encouraging researchers to write about the latest developments in the Holy City to enrich their knowledge about Jerusalem and its cause.
Themes of the Conference
First: The Political and legal dimensions of the American actions:
- The legality of the U.S. Policies towards Jerusalem
- The Zionist schemes aimed at Judaizing Jerusalem and their dangers
- Mechanisms to mobilize the nation to defend Jerusalem and its Arabism
- Possible Ways to activate international resolutions and the international community in confronting the American policies.
- A future vision of Jerusalem.
Second: Jerusalem and the dimensions of the conflict
- The Palestinian-Israeli cultural conflict in Jerusalem
- The Palestinian, Arab and Islamic strategy towards Jerusalem and the dangers it faces.
- Mechanisms to support the Jerusalemites and strengthen their steadfastness.
- The impact of the American decision on Islamic and Christian holy sites in Jerusalem
Third: the social and economic theme
- Economic challenges and possible ways to address them.
- Social challenges facing the Jerusalemites and possible ways to address them.
- The role of tourism in promoting the steadfastness of the Jerusalemites.
- The role of social and economic institutions in supporting the steadfastness of our people in Jerusalem
- Ways to support education in Jerusalem
Fourth: The media theme
- Jerusalem in the official Palestinian media
- Jerusalem in the official Arab-Islamic media.
- Jerusalem in the international media
- Jerusalem in the Israeli media.
Terms & Conditions for Participation
- The topic of the research should address one of the topics of the Conference.
- Only new research papers are accepted for submission; research papers, which were submitted in previous conferences or published in journals, cannot be submitted in this conference.
- The paper should not be derived from other scientific papers.
- The paper must not exceed20 pages (A4 size).
- The research paper must be submitted exactly on the assigned time.
- The research paper should be linguistically edited before submitting it.
- Sunday 15/04/2018 deadline for submitting abstracts.
- Monday, 30/04/2018, notification of the Scientific Committee regarding submitted abstracts.
- Saturday, 23/06/2018, the deadline for receiving the full research papers.
- Sunday, 15/07/2018, notification of the committee regarding the submitted full research papers, based on the reviews of the arbitrators.
- Saturday, 15/09/2018, the deadline for submitting research papers after making the requested amendments.
Initial date of the Conference: 16/10/2018
|1.||Dr. Imad Nashwan (Chairman)||Director of Khan Younes Branch|
|2.||Prof. Husni Awad||Dean of Scientific Research|
|3.||Prof. Mohammad Shahin||Assistant President for Student Affairs|
|4.||Prof. Ziad Jarjawi||Vice President Assistant for Gaza Strip Affairs|
|5.||Dr. Alaa’ Shakhshir||Assistant President for Monitoring Affairs|
|6.||Dr. Majdi Zamel||Dean of Educational Sciences|
|7.||Eng. Sa’adeh Shalabi||Assistant Director of ICTC|
|8.||Dr. Nabil Al-Mughrabi||Assistant Dean of Educational Sciences|
|9.||Eng. Abduallah Reyad Al khudari||Assistant Director of PR Dept.|
|10.||Mr. Khaled qashqash||Assistant Director of Quality department|
|11.||Mr. Fathi Al Ghalban||Assistant Director of Supplies and Procurement Department|
|12.||Mr. Hanna Issa||Representative of Jerusalem Affairs at P.L.O.|
|13.||Mr. Hedaya Saleh||Vice President for Gaza Affairs|
|1. Prof. Abdul Rahman Al Mughrabi (Chairman)||Head of Teaching Social Sciences Department – Nablus Branch|
|2. Prof. Jehad Al Batsh||Vice President for Gaza Strip Affairs|
|3. Prof. Husni Awad||Dean of Scientific Research|
|4. Prof. Jamal Ibrahim||Dean of Admission, Registration and Examinations:|
|5. Prof. Ibrahim Rabay’ah||Tulkarm Branch|
|6. Prof. Marwan Jarrar||Jenin Branch|
|7. Prof. Abdul Nasser Al Farra||Khan Younes Branch|
|8. Prof. Said Bishawi||Ramallah and Al-Bireh Branch|
|9. Dr. Mohammd farhat||Bethlehem Branch|
|10. Dr. Sami Ahmad||North Gaza Branch|
|11. Dr. Zakariya Al athamneh||Rafah Branch|
|12. Dr. Mohye Eddin Hararah||Khan Younes Branch|
Media & PR. Committee:
|1.||Eng. Abdullah Reyad Al khudari (Chairman)||Assistant Director of PR Department in Gaza|
|2.||Dr. Husein Saad||Gaza Branch|
|3.||Ms. Niveen Salah||Public Relation / University Presidency|
|4.||Ms. Nadia El Helu||Gaza Branch|
Abstracts and Research papers must be submitted to the conference secretariat:
to the Ms. Hedaya Saleh (Conference Secretariat)
E-mail: [email protected]