AL-Quds Open University
Faculty of Educational Sciences and Deanship of Scientific Research at Al-Quds Open University
Teacher Creativity Center and Palestinian Education Coalition
Organize National Educational Conference
“The Reality of Education in Palestine and Its Future in the Context of the 4th. Goal of Sustainable Development”
“The right to development, the right to education”
Ramallah / Al-Bireh / Palestinian Red Crescent Society
28 January, 2018
In 2015, the UN adopted the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development, which included 17 sustainable development goals that were announced and adopted at the HQ of the United Nations in New York in September 2015.
The Fourth Goal of the seventeen sustainable development goals is ensuring inclusive and quality education for all and promoting lifelong learning opportunities by improving the learning process and acquiring skills from early childhood to old age. The Executive Plan for the follow-up of achieving the goals stated that the Statistical Commission charged with monitoring the objectives, following up and implementing them including Goal 4 on education, will issue periodic reports on the progress of the participating countries in implementing these Goals through the internationally adopted measurement indicators.
Since the participating countries, including the State of Palestine, as stated in the Implementation Plan, are responsible for developing national frameworks and strategies that are applicable and measurable to achieve the agreed upon goals of the sustainable development, this important conference comes to discuss the policies, strategies and actions that have been undertaken so far to achieve the fourth goal . This will in turn enable us to monitor and evaluate progress in this context, identify obstacles and improve policies to ensure tangible change in the quality of teaching and learning, and integration.
Through this Conference; The Faculty of Educational Sciences, the Deanship of Scientific Research at QOU, Teacher Creativity Center and Palestinian Education Coalition aim to shed light on the Fourth Goal of sustainable development to clarify the role of the Ministry of Education and Higher Education and institutions of higher education in this respect and to identify the indicators of achieving the fourth Goal which lead to the achievement of community partnership and to the activation of its role in achieving the Fourth Goal of sustainable development by 2030.
The conference aims to achieve the following:
- Presenting the Fourth Development Goal of 2030 agenda;>
- Presenting the role of the Ministry of Education and Higher Education and Higher Education institutions in achieving the fourth Goal;
- Identifying the indicators of achievement of the fourth Goal in Palestine, including integration or inclusive education, early childhood, school curriculum, privatization, free and compulsory education.
- Activating the community partnership and its role in achieving the fourth developmental goal / successful experiments, through addressing four main topics: the experience of QOU, the experience of QOU in education at times of crisis, and civil society experience and educational media.
- The role of the Ministry of Education and higher education institutions in achieving the fourth developmental goal in the sustainable development by 2030 agenda.
- Indicators of achieving the fourth developmental goal in Palestine, including integration, inclusive education, early childhood, school curriculum, privatization, free and compulsory education.
- Community partnership and its role in achieving the fourth developmental goal of sustainable development, through addressing four main topics: the experience of Al-Quds Open University, the open Jerusalem experience in education at times of crisis, the experience of the civil society "educational coalition" and the educational media.
1. Preparatory Committee
|#||Name||Job Title||Work Place|
|1.||Prof. Husni Awad/Chairman||Dean of Scientific Research||QOU|
|2.||Prof. Jehad Al Batsh||Vice President For Gaza affairs||QOU|
|3.||Dr. Issam Khalil||Vice President for Financial Affairs||QOU|
|4.||Prof. Mohammad Shahin||President Assistant for Students Affairs , Dean of Student Affairs||QOU|
|5.||Dr. Eng. Islam Amr.||President Assistant for Technology and Production Affairs – Director of ICTC Center||QOU|
|6.||Dr. Alaa’ Al Shakhsheer||President Assistant for Follow-up Affairs||QOU|
|7.||Dr. Abdul Hadi Sabbah||Vice President Assistant for Academic Affairs||QOU|
|8.||Dr. Tamer Suheil||Vice President Assistant for Administrative Affairs||QOU|
|9.||Prof. Ziad Al Jerjawi||Vice President Assistant for Gaza Affairs||QOU|
|10.||Dr. Husein Hamayel||Director of Ramallah and Al Bireh Branch||QOU|
|11.||Dr. Majdi Zamel||Dean of Educational Sciences||QOU|
|12.||Mr. Ref’at Sabbah||Director of Teacher Creativity Center ?? Head of the Palestinian Education Coalition||Teacher Creativity Centre|
|13.||Mr. Selah Samarah||Administrative Coordinator||Palestinian Education Coalition / Teacher Creativity Center|
|14.||Ms. Amal Al Barghouthi||National Coordinator for Palestinian Education Coalition||Palestinian Education Coalition / Teacher Creativity Center|
|15.||Mr. Hisham Abu Qtaish||Faculty Member||QOU/ Teacher Creativity Center|
|16.||Mr. Abdul Qader Darawish||Director of Media Department||QOU|
|17.||Ms. Sulafa Musallam||Director of public Relation||QOU|
|18.||Mr. Mohammad abu Meileeq||Dean Assistant for Faculty of Educational Sciences||QOU|
|19.||Dr. Atef Al Assouli||Faculty Member||QOU|
|20.||Dr. Hasan Abu Al Robb||Faculty Member||QOU|
|21.||Mr. Abdullah al Khudari||Public Relation/Gaza||QOU|
2. Scientific Committee
|#||Name||Job Title||Work Place|
|1.||Dr. Majdi Zamel /Chairman||Dean of Educational Sciences||QOU|
|2.||Prof. Abdullah Abdul Monem||Board Memebr||QOU|
|3.||Prof. Hamdi Abu Jarrad||Director of Al Wusta Branch||QOU|
|4.||Dr. Inas Nasser||Dean of educational Sciences||Al Quds University|
|5.||Dr. Rima Daraghmeh||General Director of National Educational Training Institute||MOEHE|
|6.||Mr. Mo’tasem Zayed||General Director of the Palestinian Advisory Board||Palestinian Advisory Board/ Jenin Governorate|
|7.||Dr. Saed Rabay’ah||Head of Department of Basic Stage Department / Faculty of Educational Sciences||QOU|
|8.||Prof. Ziad Barakat||Faculty Member||QOU|
Participants, guests and beneficiaries
- Presidents of universities, deputies, assistants, deans and heads of departments.
- Decision makers in the Ministry of Education and Higher Education.
- Private educational institutions.
- Relevant International organizations and institutions
- Education Section at UNRWA.
- Teachers, school principals, educational supervisors and educational counselors at schools.
- Faculty members and researchers at the faculties of educational sciences and teacher training institutes.
- Postgraduate and undergraduate students in the field of educational sciences.