Conference of Transformations in the Contemporary Narrative Discourse in Palestine
The Conference will be held on Nov. 27-28, 2017 in Gaza.
The Palestinian novel plays an important role in the Arab narrative code. It created a special position for the Palestinian people especially regarding presenting their struggle and history, and preserving the Palestinian national identity through its adherence to the Palestinian reality. The Palestinian narrative was distinguished from its counterparts in the Arab world in the specificity of its handling for the Palestinian significant themes such as the Nakba, the Diaspora, the expulsion, the dream of return as well as the political resistance and the nostalgia for the land.
There is no doubt that the Palestinian narrative has reached an advanced stage of development on both the technical and thematic levels. It still resumes this development with a new generation of novel writers. This issue enticed holding a scientific conference that embodies the Palestinian epic portrayed within the Palestinian narrative.
Objectives of the Conference
- Addressing the Palestinian narrative and its role in the registration of the Palestinian political scene.
- Highlighting the specificity and characteristics of the Palestinian novel.
- Highlighting the role and status of the Palestinian novel in the Arabic narrative scene.
- Reviewing the developmental phases of the Palestinian novel.
- Encouraging the scholars’ research efforts in Palestine concerning Palestinian literature especially regarding the Palestinian novel writing.
- The role of the Palestinian narrative in keeping up with the Palestinian political scene.
- Adherence to the Palestinian constants in the Palestinian narrative.
- Women in the Palestinian novel.
- The Palestinian narrative and the overlapping of races.
- The Palestinian narrative between autobiography and auto fiction.
- The linguistic formations and their implications within the novel.
- Modern narrative techniques within the novel.
- Narrative Testimonies.
Chair of the Committee
Prof. Said Mohammed Al-Fayoumi / QOU
- Prof. Hasan Silwadi / QOU
- Prof. Ghassan Abdel Khaleq / Philadelphia University/Jordan
- Prof. Fareed Abed Al Thaher / Al wadi University /Egypt
- Prof. Hend Al Sa’douni / Constantine university/ Algeria
- Prof. Omar Al Ateeq / QOU
- Prof. Kamal Ghneim / Islamic University
- Prof. Mohammad Salah Abu Hamideh / Al-Azhar University
- Prof. Mohammad Hassouneh / Al-Aqsa University
- Dr. Fuad Abu Hamadah / QOU
- Dr. Zaher Hanani / QOU
- Dr. Abdul Rahim Al Habeel / QOU
- Dr. Medhat Dardouneh / QOU
- Dr. Atef Abu Hamadah / QOU
- Dr. Suleiman Al Ghalban / QOU
- Dr. Bassam Dheir / QOU
Chair of Preparatory Committee
Dr. Mohammad Abu Al-Jbein
- Dr. Alaa’ Al Shakhshir
- Dr. Salman Al Dirawi
- Dr. Husein Hamayel
- Dr. Samira Sattoum
- Mr. Gharib Asqalan
- Mr. Hussam Helles
- Mr. Wesam Al Sleibi
- Mr. Muein Al Eileh
- Mr. Fathi Al Ghalban
- Ms. Nadia Al Helu
Terms and Conditions of Participation
- Abstracts of initial research should be submitted in Arabic or English, not exceeding (10) lines.
- Research papers could be written in Arabic or English, not exceeding (25) pages.
- The researcher must adhere to the scientific method used in the preparation of research.
- The research must be on one of the themes of the conference.
- Research papers that were submitted in previous conferences or published in journals cannot be submitted in this conference.
- A simplified Arabic-14 font is used for the titles and (Simplified Arabic-12) for the body text.
The margins should be as follows::
- Upper margin (3.3) cm.
- Lower margin (4.3) cm.
- Left and right 4 cm.
Cover page must include researcher's name, workplace, academic degree, email and phone number.
- An abstract of the research must be sent no later than 20-07-2017.
- The results of the abstracts shall be sent by 10-08-2017.
- Submission of the final draft is no later than 5-10-2017.
- The results of the arbitration shall be sent to the researchers no later than 20-10-2017.
- The accepted research should be submitted after the arbitration by no later than 01-11-2017.