The University is keen to provide follow-up services to its graduates during their studies and after graduation through its Alumni Affairs section at the Deanship of Student Affairs. This section aims at building bridges of trust and cooperation between the University’s graduates and the different work sectors embodying the vision of the University and its social responsibility. It holds agreements and partnerships with the local community organizations to enhance its capability of assessing the needs of the labor market, as part of the process of linking its needs to the competencies of competitive graduates. The Alumni Affairs section provides many permanent and part-time jobs and training opportunities, holds a series of Recruitment Days, and organizes several training courses and specialized courses. The portal includes daily announcements for job opportunities, a series of specialized training courses, postgraduate grants, and others.
Objectives of the Alumni Affairs section:
- Networking with local community institutions, and establishing partnerships and agreements to obtain jobs and training opportunities for the graduates;
- Establishing communication with institutions to promote employment of graduates and finding suitable job opportunities for them;
- Providing training and counselling services for the graduates, and helping them find suitable job opportunities that fit their specialties and skills, or pursue their educational journey;
- Building a culture of cooperation and a sense of responsibility towards others;
- Presenting a positive image of the University and its graduates to the local community and abroad;
- Establishing communication channels between students and graduates, among graduates themselves, and between graduates and the University.
The Training Unit provides training and guidance services to the University’s graduates by enhancing their skills and capacities to be able to compete in the labor market. The Unit provides a number of training services as follows:
- Specialized training courses based on developing and refining the graduates' skills;
- Training opportunities that lead to employment in community institutions;
- Latest job opportunities announced at newspapers and online through the Alumni Portal;
- Training courses and the latest activities and events through the “Alumni Portal”;
- Supervising the training process at all branches of the University.
- Alumni Portal enables graduates to view available training courses and job opportunities and presents selected templates of curriculum vitae
- It provides E-services which include e-graduates' guide, e-library services, seminars, Alumni Book, and Alumni magazine.
- It provides postgraduate education opportunities and scholarships that include scholarships for postgraduate studies in Palestine, the Arab world, and abroad.
- It provides studies, reports, and articles related to the labor market, unemployment, selection of specializations, and vital topics for graduates.
The Alumni Affairs section manages the official page of the Alumni on the social networking site (Facebook), which is the link between the graduates and the Alumni portal. The page provides guidance and counselling to graduates and answers all their questions.
In addition to the permanent and continuous updating and development of the database of graduates and labor market institutions, the Deanship is looking forward to achieve a number of future and developmental projects. The most important:
- Assist University graduates establish their forum.
- Develop the Unit to be a reference for studies and researches that deal with graduates issues
- Open new horizons with community institutions in public and private sectors to provide training to graduates and help them find job opportunities. Furthermore, signing memorandums of cooperation and partnerships according to the objectives of the Unit in its strategic plan.
- Issue annual journal for the graduates.
- Conduct survey studies to measure the satisfaction of the employers of the University graduates.