The Deanship of Student Affairs is considered the main link between the student and the administration. It aims to follow-up the affairs of the students and help integrate them at all forums. The Deanship also supervises the Units of Student Affairs at all Branches and Study Centers of the University.
The Deanship of Student Affairs technically supervises the Student Affairs units at QOU Branches and Study Centers in accordance with the requirements of its assigned responsibilities.
Providing integrated services to our students and graduates, and achieving a good level of adaptation, motivation and affiliation, while giving priority to the preventive and developmental role through advanced working mechanism.
Fostering the students, socially, educationally and psychologically during their entire study period in accordance with the educational vision. Furthermore, providing a convenient environment for the students in accordance with the requirements of the comprehensive quality. The Deanship also seeks to enhance the talents of the students and promote their innovative skills to prepare them to become positive, giving and responsible citizens in their community.
- Loyalty and sense of belonging to the University.
- Cooperation and teamwork.
- Excellence in performance and services.
- Transparency and equality.
- Continuous development and improvement.
- Adapting the technology to serve the students and the University.
The Deanship of student affairs seeks to achieve the following goals and objectives:
- Demonstrate awareness among students about the philosophy, mission and goals of the University.
- Identify and provide the counselling, psychosocial and social needs and services for the students.
- Supervise extra-curricular students’ activities.
- Supervise and approve scholarships and financial aid offered to students from the University or from external bodies.
- Computerize the different operations.
- Follow-up the Alumni and offer the possible and relevant services.
- Help to enhance the reputation of the University in the media and in practice through effective communication with local and international communities.
- Foster the personality of the student and help it to develop it in order to achieve an appropriate level of adaptation and psychological well-being.
- Develop an integrated computerized mechanism to follow-up the students’ election process and ensure its accuracy and transparency.
- Develop a mechanism to follow-up student complaints, issues and suggestions in a transparent and professional manner.
- Computerize the administrative work and develop an effective mechanism for communication between the Deanship and its Units on the one hand and with the other student councils on the other hand.
- Fostering and following-up students’ affairs and help them solve the problems they might encounter;
- Supervising and supporting all kinds of extra-curricular activities;
- Supervising and approving the financial aids and grants offered through the students’ Fund in addition to grants of the distinct students or from external bodies and develop the work mechanism in this regard
- Fostering the personality of the student and developing it in order to achieve an appropriate level of adaptation and psychological well-being.
- Supervising the health care programs of students
- Supervising the elections of the students' councils and clubs.
- Direct contribution in the academic, educational and psychological counselling and guidance.
- The Dean of the students’ affairs is a member of the University Council and the Academic Council and participates in all the related activities entitled to these councils.
- The Dean of students’ Affairs is a main member of the supervising committee of the Graduation Ceremonies.
- Contributing in raising the reputation of the University in the media and in practice through the effective ongoing communication with the local and international community.
- Participating in all the University activities that are related to the students in different fields.
- Following-up of students' activities and the activities' annual report through the heads of the students' affairs' units.
- Following-up for the financial issues with the Deanship of Financial Affairs and the Presidency.
- Any other assigned tasks.
- Assistants to the Dean of Student Affairs for West Bank and Gaza Strip Branches.
- Scholarships, loans & Financial Aid.
- Student activities.
- Alumni follow-up.
- Psychosocial Counselling Unit.
- Student Affairs Units in Branches.