Objectives and Tasks
- Developing systems, procedures, and instructions of the work, and adapt them to local and international standards.
- Seeking to achieve accreditation for the University and its programs by local, regional and international bodies.
- Compliance with Quality and Accreditation standards of open universities.
- Spreading Quality culture and promoting knowledge, skills, and trends to apply Quality and Accreditation standards.
- Exchanging expertise, in Quality and Accreditation fields, with local, regional and international institutions.
- Participate in the University strategic planning, and in the Department project planning.
- Set and adopt standards, principles, and mechanisms to implement the Vision and Mission of the Department in harmony with the University's Vision and Mission.
- Develop instructions, regulations and work procedures.
- Check the computerized systems and audit their inputs, processes and outputs.
- Self-Evaluation of the University in accordance with the adopted principles and standards of open universities.
- Conducting field visits to the different University’s units aiming at comprehensive follow ups for quality practices.
- Follow-up external evaluation, and institutional and program accreditation, of the University and its various Faculties.
- Supervise the procedures of the accreditation of new academic programs.
- Develop awareness programs for the Quality Department staff.
- Implement specialized training programs, on Quality, for the University staff.
- Build a network of relationships with local, regional and international, institutions that are specialized in quality and accreditation issues and make partnership agreements and exchange knowledge.
- The department seeks to achieve distinction in all work sectors at QOU, and to acquire international quality and distinction certificates.