Open Learning Center (OLC) was founded in 2008, as an educational and technological center for developing and enhancing digital learning environment at Al-Quds Open University. OLC is seeking to improve technology enhanced learning, pedagogy, self-learning skills, cooperation and innovation within a framework of autonomy and accountability. Furthermore, OLC is aiming at providing innovative and engaging technology-enhanced learning environments to learners, according to the latest teaching methodologies and the new trends in technology.
To create an open digital environment for teaching and lifelong learning.
To provide digital learning content to learners in accordance with the best practices that are followed in instructional design and the new trends in technology.
Openness, Integrity, Teamwork, Modernity and Equality.
- Provide a flexible and innovative digital learning environment.
- Develop interoperable digital learning content using the best learning strategies and the latest trends in technology.
- Fulfill the requirements of education, the different learning styles and the digital natives.
- Enhance methodologies of online learning and training in accordance with high quality standards.
- Motivate students to learn and direct them towards creativity, reflection and research.
- Develop the competencies and skills of faculty staff and students in e-Learning.
- Provide Open Educational Resources (OERs) to promote lifelong learning opportunities for community development.
- Improve access to education by reducing its costs.