The Center is responsible for the assessment and evaluation process, and the development of its tools and trainings.
The Measurement and Evaluation Center is considered an essential part of the University’s strategic plan as it plays a vital role in assessing and developing the academic programs and administrative departments in a framework of cooperation with the different units of QOU. The Center always seeks to update its tools, strategies and means of evaluation in accordance with the highest standards of quality and in framework that considers the philosophy of open learning, to best serve students and staff.
In line with the University’s aims and vision, the Measurement and Evaluation Center contributes in maintaining high quality education through adopting the best assessment techniques, trainings and tools, as well as basing the assessment process on scientific standards. Moreover, The Center is keen on raising awareness about the most suitable method for conducting an efficient assessment process among the various units of the University.
- Creativity and innovation
- Precision and integrity
The Center aims at:
- Training instructors on the right strategies to design tests and assignments of a high quality.
- Computerizing tests and assignments though establishing an examination database built on certain psychometric criteria.
- Conducting field research to evaluate the most important processes of education, especially examination, assignments and results.
- Addressing any weaknesses that show in the previously mentioned processes.
- Establishing an archive office for standardized exams and criteria.
- Issuing periodicals and guidebooks on assessment.
- Providing consultation and services for assessment centers at the various educational institutions and for researchers.
- Creating channels of cooperation with equivalent local and international institutions to develop the assessment process.
- Organizing workshops, study days and conferences to tackle different issues on assessment.
- Evaluating graduates of various academic programs for development purposes.