The office is chaired by the Vice President for Academic Affairs. It supervises the following faculties:
- Faculty of Technology and Applied sciences.
- Faculty of Agriculture.
- Faculty of Social and Family Development.
- Faculty of Administrative and Economical Sciences.
- Faculty of Educational Sciences.
- Faculty of Media.
- Faculty of Arts.
- Faculty of Graduate Studies.
- Deanship of Scientific Research.
- Deanship of Graduate Studies.
- Deanship of Admission, Registration and Examination.
- Deanship of Curriculum and Textbooks.
- Department of Libraries.
- Assessment Center.
- Open Learning Center(OLC).
- Continuing Education Center and Community Service (CEC).
- Future Studies and Opinion Polls Center.
- Media Production Center (MPC).
- Information Technology and communications Center (ICTC).
The Vice President for Administrative Affairs Office is responsible for drafting, revising, developing, and updating regulations and bylaws of the University to best serve QOU and its staff. The office supervises the execution and implementation of the bylaws and regulations in all of its administrative units, in a precise and professional manner.
Other missions include addressing the requirements of the various administrative units at the University through the recruitment of qualified and competent staff, supplement of equipment and tools, and providing any other needed administrative services or tasks. The office also fosters and boosts the development and operations of the Academic Affairs' Office. Furthermore, it follows up the legal affairs of the University with the legal advisors.
The Administrative Affairs Office is also concerned with the implementing of sound performance of its units through two steps, Comprehensive monitoring and supervision of its procedures; and the follow up with the latest updates and technology.
Besides the aforementioned, the office supervises different departments: Human Resources and Procurement department; Central Archiving Office, Maintenance and Services Department, and the mailroom.
The University Presidency established a special office in Gaza governorate in 2002 in order to link the Presidency with its all administrations, the five Gaza strip branches and the local community in general, including all its segments and institutions in a direct and an indirect way, to facilitate communication and provide the beneficiaries with the best services. The establishment of the office is one of the ways to achieve the university’s goals and develop its performance and services for students in Gaza strip especially after the increased number of the enrolled students that reached 13000 students in the academic year 2017/2018.
Offices in the Vice President for Gaza Strip Affairs’ Office:
- Board of Trustees Office
- Vice President for Gaza Strip Office/ Prof. Jehad Al-Batsh – Vice President for Gaza Strip Affairs
- Vice President Assistant for Gaza Strip Affairs Office/ Prof. Ziad Al-Jerjawi – Vice President Assistant for Gaza Strip Affairs
- Financial Department Office/ Prof. Husam Hals – Vice President Assistant for Financial Affairs
- Continuing Education Department Office/ Dr. Jalal Shabat – Assistant Director of Continuing Education Department
- Deanship of Admission, Registration and Examinations Office/ Mr. Zakaria Saq-allah – Assistant Dean of Admission, Registration and Examinations
- Deanship of Students Affairs/ Mr. Shadi Al-Kafarneh – Assistant Dean of Students Affairs
- Public Relations Department Office/ Eng. Abdullah Al-Khudari – Assistant Director of Public Relations Department
- Human Resources Department Office/ Mr. Awadallah Ahmed – Assistant Director of Human Resources Department
- Quality Assurance Office/ Mr. Khalid Qashqash – Assistant Director of Quality Assurance
- ICTC Office/ Mr. Abdulrahman Barakah – Assistant Director of ICTC
- Supplies and Purchase Department Office/ Mr. Fathi Alghalban – Assistant Director of Supplies and Purchase Department
Telephone: 08-2641701, 08-2641702, 08-2641703
E-mail: [email protected]
The financial Affairs Office is an integral and vital part of the University that manages its financial resources. The office handles the following tasks:
- Maintaining the integrity and the process of the financial procedures and transactions according to the common regulations and principles of accounting and the University bylaws.
- Maintaining and managing financial stability and resources of the University to ensure its continuous development and prosperity on local and regional levels.
Integrity, honesty, accuracy, transparency, clarity, teamwork, cooperation, and flexibility.
- Managing, diversifying, and developing the financial resources.
- Enhancing and developing the financial system and bylaws to meet the changing requirements of the University.
- Developing knowledge and technical competencies of the staff.
- Developing strategic plans to manage the financial resources efficiently.
- Strengthening the work of the Internal Audit Unit.
- Recording transactions and issuing financial statements according to the common regulations and principles of accounting.
- Maintaining and managing financial resources and assets.
- Providing accurate financial information to other departments and policymakers to facilitate their operations.
- Preparing the annual budget in cooperation with the other departments.
- Issuing financial statements and reports, as well as final accounts.