The President of the University directly supervises The President’s Assistant for International Relations Affairs. The assistant administratively supervises the staff at the Office of International Relations, and consolidates relations and builds networks with agencies, institutions, centers, councils, representative offices, embassies, regional and international universities and other respective institutions.
The President’s Assistant for International Relations Affairs tasks include the following:
- To develop and implement a strategic plan for the International Relations office that complies with the comprehensive strategy of the University, in coordination with the presidency of the University and the Higher Committee of Strategic Planning at the University.
- To prepare efficient annual budget and agenda for the office.
- To communicate with international organizations and donors.
- To find means of collaborations with embassies, consulates and representative offices on regional and international level.
- To prepare agreements and memorandums of understanding to cooperate with international bodies and institutions.
- To coordinate with different departments to carry out international and twining agreements with various Arabic and international Universities and institutions.
- To join committees that work on affiliating the University with Arabic and foreign unions, councils, organizations and networks that offer programs to the higher education sector, and serve the principles of open and distance learning.
- To establish and update a contact database for all the connections of the University from International bodies, universities, institutions and commissions.
- Any other additional required tasks and responsibilities.