The President's Assistant for International Relations Affairs is under the direct supervision of the University President. The President's Assistant for International Relations Affairs is responsible for the administrative supervision of the staff in the International Relations Office and responsible for communicating and networking with commissions, institutions, organizations, centers, councils, representatives, embassies and international universities in different fields.
The international relations office seeks to build official relations and cooperation with the most prominent Arab and international universities and institutions around the world. It also invites official delegations in the aim of expanding cooperative horizons and twinning with international universities as well as consolidating cooperative relations with international institutions. It also seeks to sign MOUs in the fields of cultural and academic exchange, build cooperative networks with institutions, and participate in enhancing the image of the university and its international status.
The international relations office supports the university’s strategic plan that aims at improving the official academic cooperative relations, besides increasing exchange opportunities with other universities around the world in order to improve the employees’ engagement and involvement in the professional development activities with partners and international universities.
Vision: Developing professional, distinctive, and administrative reference in international relations and enhancing the university’s position and its role locally, regionally, and internationally.
Mission: An administrative unit that coordinates, unifies and directs the university’s efforts to enhance its international relations, using all resources towards identifying and seizing the available cooperation opportunities regionally and internationally. It also seeks to monitor and assess the university's and partners’ commitment to the relevant quality and professional criteria, in order to increase the University’s performance and distinction in all of the administrative and academic fields.
- Networking with the regional and international institutions that aim at improving higher education to serve the university’s objectives, mission and values.
- Coordinating efforts to identify and seize international cooperation opportunities.
- Effective participation in organizing, coordinating and implementing the agreements and MOUs with the institutions that care for higher education.
- Developing the database and archive of the regional and international activities according to the professional criteria.
- Evaluating and analyzing the university’s performance in the field of international relations, preparing reports, suggestions and plans for enhancing the university’s position at the international level.
- Effective participation in monitoring, and activating the university’s membership in the councils, unions, and regional networks related to higher education in general and open learning in particular.
- Drafting the strategic plan for the President's Assistant's Office for International Relations Affairs that stems from the university’s general strategic plan, in coordination with the University’s Presidency and the Higher Committee for Strategic Planning at the University, and supervising its implementation.
- Preparing the budget and the annual plan for the President's Assistant for International Relations Affairs Office in a way that serves the University and facilitates accomplishing its goals.
- Communicating with and researching channels of cooperation with the Arab and foreign embassies.
- Networking with regional and international institutions that aim at improving higher education to serve the university’s objectives, mission and values.
- Coordinating the efforts related to identifying and seizing cooperation opportunities.
- Effective participation in coordinating, organizing and monitoring the implementation of the agreements and MOUs with institutions and international commissions, and coordinating with the different departments to implement the cooperation agreements between the university and other Arab and international universities.
- Cooperating with the committees that specialize in obtaining the University’s membership in a number of unions, councils, organizations, programs and Arab and international networks, which provide services for the higher education sector in general and open learning in particular. In addition, the Office evaluates the University’s memberships and coordinates with relevant bodies to pay the memberships’ annual fees.
- Improving the database and archive of any activity related to Arab, regional and international relations and cooperation, according to the professional criteria.
- Evaluating and analyzing the performance and achievements of the university in the field of international relations, in addition to preparing reports, developing proposals and plans concerning ways of enhancing the university’s positions at the international level.