Technology has infiltrated every aspect of the daily life and its various layers. It revolutionized and redefined today’s world dynamics. Thus, the University has established the Faculty of Technology and Applied Sciences for its prominence, and for highlighting the social responsibility of the University to address all the needs of the local community from IT and its applied sciences to provide the Palestinian society with the accelerating pace of IT developments. The Faculty has a qualified experienced staff and modern labs, in addition to a well-developed and comprehensive study plan that harmonize with the current the requirements of the labor market.
The faculty offers four Bachelor programs as follows: Computer Information Systems; Information Technology and Communications; Science and Mathematics. The Faculty also offers a minor in Web Techniques.
To acquire a high distinguished standard in theses specializations, the University provided a highly qualified teaching staff and prepared study plans, syllabuses and modern labs that cope with the needs of the training and the labor market.
To equip graduates with knowledge, scientific research, and technical competencies to build a community based on knowledge and technology.
To build a human-capacity capable of providing local and regional markets with competencies in the fields of IT and its applied sciences. Moreover, to increase the graduates’ competitiveness in the different labor markets, and to offer knowledge based on blended learning approach. Furthermore, to promote scientific research in a framework of cooperation with the local community to reach innovation and excellence.
- Innovation and excellence.
- Partnership with community.
- Cooperation and exchange of knowledge.
- Constructive competitive environment.
- Work Ethics.
- Modernity and continuous development.
- Matching theory with practice.
The faculty aims at preparing equipped, qualified graduates in the fields of Computer Science, IT and Communication, Game Design, Multimedia Design, and Graphic Design. Furthermore, the faculty is seeking to equip graduates with competencies that enable them to work in the field of education, scientific research, and medical and scientific labs.
Other aims include:
- To provide the community with highly qualified and specialized graduates in the field of technology and its applied sciences.
- To increase the competencies of the graduates to compete in the local and international labor market.
- To diversify and develop the various academic specializations and training programs in accordance with the top practices of the blended learning approach (open learning combined with e-learning).
- To enhance and promote scientific research, and to create a stimulating environment for achieving innovation in knowledge.
- To enhance and find means of cooperation with the local community to benefit from the various experiences and knowledge.
- To contribute in building a Palestinian society that is based on knowledge and technology.