The specialization aims at preparing highly qualified and competent social workers, capable of designing and implementing plans to advance and develop the local community besides their ability to address any rising social problem. Moreover, the specialization strives to encourage an active participation of individuals in the policy making process of sociopolitical, economic, social, and environmental issues that have a direct impact on their life, also to promote leadership among community members.
The specialization aims at preparing students theoretically and practically to develop the local community. It strives to achieve the following aims:
- To equip students with theories of local community development.
- To supervise and monitor students’ progress to develop their competencies.
- To equip students with the professional skills of community development.
- To equip students with scientific research skills and the management of different social institutions.
- To equip students with a set of skills to diagnose and manage different cases and design suitable programs for them.
- To equip students with the necessary skills to target individual and group cases.