The Faculty of Educational Sciences was founded with the establishment of the University in 1991. It aims at training and producing qualified teachers and counselors in different disciplines. It grants B.A. degrees in Primary Education, Teaching Islamic Education, Arabic Language and its Teaching Methods (inactive) English Language and its Teaching Methods (inactive), Teaching Social Studies, Mathematics and its Teaching Methods (inactive) and Teaching Science (inactive). The Faculty also grants Diplomas in Education, Special Education, Educational and Psychological Counseling.
The Faculty follows the open learning method as the rest of QOU’s faculties to facilitate education and make it available for the various sectors of the community, following the latest developments in the field of Education and training teachers. The Faculty also emphasizes on promoting scientific research and adopting unconventional teaching methods that involve technology and critical thinking.
Provide the society with competent professional graduates who are capable of working in the various fields of education and counseling, and who base their knowledge on research and science.
To prepare qualified cadre of teachers and counselors in the different fields of education and psychological counseling through providing knowledge that is based on the latest developments in the field and follows the open & blended learning method. The faculty also seeks to promote applied scientific research in its offered academic programs in accordance with the best quality standards and in a framework of cooperation with the local community to exchange expertise and knowledge.
The Faculty aims stem from the Faculty's mission, vision, the University policy as well as the Palestinian educational, psychological and Counseling needs.
- Supply the community with well-qualified teachers and counselors in the different sectors of education and psychological counseling in accordance with the latest practices and techniques.
- Follow the latest developments in the field.
- Contribute in the development of education in Palestine through designing developed educational materials and textbooks.
- Develop the educational environment, and formal and non-formal educational systems in accordance with the latest standards of quality and excellence.
- Contribute in the development of the fields of education and psychological counseling and their applied research.
- Develop the cognitive and professional skills of the students.
- Sustain and advance professional skills and positive trends in careers of education and counselling.
- Enhance strategic cooperation and partnership with the local community and its various institutions.