The Department aspires to excellence on national and international level in the field of education and scientific research through setting a comprehensive effective academic plan and recruiting highly competent teaching staff.
Specializations of English Language and Literature aims at preparing competent graduates who can employ literature to serve the community and teach its different genres such as short stories, novels, poetry, drama, and theater.
The specialization also seeks to equip students with the necessary skills for literary criticism, scientific research, and works of literature.
Furthermore, Students are encouraged to communicate and find means of cooperation channels with international entities concerned about English Language and Literature to broaden their knowledge about the various cultures of English native speaking nations.
- To meet the requirements of the community from competent graduates who are capable of working at the various institutions.
- To equip students with set of competencies that enables them to identify the major trends in Literature.
- To equip students with oral and written English communication skills.
- To acquaint students with the knowledge of English Language syntax, semantics, and grammar.
- To equip students with translation skills and creative writing.
- To acquaint students with the skills of writing research papers.
- To raise the competiveness of the graduates in the labor market.
- Teaching at private and public schools.
- Professional career at the Media outlets.